The Xbox One version of CD Projekt Red’s upcoming RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has seen its fair share of controversy. While Microsoft misrepresented PC footage of the game in an Xbox One branded trailer from earlier this year, controversy again popped up in a showing of the footage from the game on Conan O’Brien’s Clueless Gamer.
Today, CD Projekt has released an official Xbox One gameplay video, which they say showcases the console’s dynamic scaling from 900p native to 1080p.
The Xbox One version certainly appears to be no slouch in terms of visuals, but it will launch as the inferior version when compared to the PC and PS4. At least by the numbers. Obviously, the PC version will be able to take advantage of more powerful PC hardware, while the PS4 version will launch at a higher native resolution (1080p).
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is slated for launch on the Xbox One, PS4, and PC on May 19th.
The Witcher 3 Xbox One Gameplay
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’s PS4 And Xbox One Resolution Disparity Doesn’t Bother Dev
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Upcoming Xbox One Update Locks Framerate at 30 FPS
- CD Projekt hoping to hit 1080p on the Xbox One with Witcher 3
- Microsoft Apologizes Over Misleading The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Footage
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Download Sizes Revealed Across All Platforms
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Has A Loading Glitch On PlayStation 4
- The Witcher 3 Developer Explains Why Xbox One Has Exclusive Items
- Xbox One and PS4 resolution differences are marginal, Witcher 3 looks great on both
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Minimum and Recommended PC System Requirements Revealed
- Skyrim was generic, according to The Witcher 3 developer