A massive patch for The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is coming soon, which is documented in a changelog that is 6 pages long. The patch brings a variety of fixes to the game, such as visual enhancements, enemy level upscaling, inventory navigation and a whole lot more. However, one of the most notable changes that it will be bringing to the game has to do with the game’s popular card game called Gwent.
The first thing that the patch notes reveal is that patch 1.20 will add a book to the game called A Miraculous Guide to Gwent, which “displays number of gwent cards missing from player’s base-game collection and information on where to find them, thus facilitating completion of achievement titled Collect ‘Em All. Tome in question can be obtained either from gwent playing scholar in Prologue or from merchant near St. Gregory’s Bridge in Gildorf district of Novigrad.”
Scroll down for details on the visual and gameplay improvements that the new patch will be bringing to the table, and be sure to check out the full thing by clicking right here.
- Fixes PC-specific issue whereby there was no change in appearance between Nvidia Hairworks 3-day beard (stage 2) and full beard (stage 4).
- Fixes issue whereby Geralt’s clothing was not properly restored after sex scenes.
- Fixes visual issue whereby guards holding torches would have inverse kinematics when animated.
- Fixes PS4-specific visual issue whereby texture of water puddles would not fade properly.
- Updates description of Superior Blizzard potion.
- Potion now slows time for a short period whenever an enemy is slain. Additionally, during this period actions do not deplete Stamina if 3 Adrenaline Points are available.
- Fixes issue whereby indicator for Oil charges would appear incorrectly in New Game Plus mode.
- Fixes issue whereby Flood of Anger skill could endlessly increase Sign intensity.
- Fixes issue whereby Ciri could be missing her scabbard in certain situations.
- Fixes issues whereby damage from Northern Wind bombs could be calculated incorrectly.
- Fixes issue whereby pool of experience points would invert to negative value when player reached level 70 cap or used Potion of Clearance.
- Fixes PC platform-specific issue whereby only the ‘E’ key would open Stash chest despite user manually changing relevant key binding.
This patch is being released not only to improve the base game, but to get it ready for the game’s final expansion called Blood and Wine. While a specific release date for the new patch was not given, it should be out before the expansion launches on May 31st.