Total War: Warhammer is out now and getting very positive reviews across the board, though the first several hours of the game being available to the public has caused some problems for some people. The high demand for the game has caused several crashes already, causing many to have a pretty aggravating first impression of the game.
However, SEGA is aware of the issues and has provided a couple of fixes that should get most people’s problems sorted out for the time being. Scroll down for the complete details on potential fixes that SEGA shared on Steam:
Does the game hang or crashes on start-up?
– This can be server load and can also be that TW:W does take a little while to load the first time you run it, please leave it to load for up to 10 minutes. If you are still not getting past the legal screen or are not making it to any screens (just black), try the following:
1) Set Steam to Offline, and try running the game again.
2) Verify your Steam Cache (right click on the game from the Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache…)
3) Update your Graphics Drivers
Multiplayer (campaign or battle) doesn’t work?
– The servers are taking a hammering with so many people trying to play at the moment, if you leave the lobby screen alone for a minute it should populate. Clicking and hitting keys lots will potentially crash you out while it’s refreshing.
Total War: Warhammer is available now exclusively for the PC. We loved the game when we reviewed it recently, which you can check out by clicking right here.