Update 3.02 has arrived for Valorant, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. This small patch focuses on bug fixes and social updates, as well as a few minor changes to game mechanics to reduce clipping, meaning that players will not poke through thin barriers like you may be used to seeing – at least not as much. This update is free to download right now for all players.
Valorant Update 3.02 Patch Notes
These update 3.02 patch notes are taken straight from Valorant’s official website.
GAME SYSTEM UPDATES
- Changes made to how clipping is calculated, which should result in less clipping overall in your gameplay
- Yes, things are still going to clip, but you will see a noticeable lack of hands, melees, abilities, and general effects poking through thin walls.
- Added a space between the Match Rank and Leaderboard Ranking for Immortal+ rankings in the Hover Card UI
- Sage can no longer place her Barrier Orb between the pyramids on Breeze to create a sliver peek
- “Sliver peek” refers to a very small gap created by sandwiching two things and creating an advantageous line of sight.
- Fixed KAY/O’s textures applying themselves to weapons when he is re-stabilized during NULL/cmd(X)
- Removed the ability to place Raze’s Boombot through some walls
- Fixed a bug where the Team-voice volume sliders would always reset to 50
- Hooray! That’s the sound of us thanking you for your patience.
- Fixed a bug where the scrollbar in the Social Panel would sometimes display incorrectly
- Fixed the pixelated border surrounding the Unranked icon in the Hover Card UI
- Fixed an issue where the blurred background would sometimes make friend notes illegible in the Hover Card UI
- Fixed a bug where the VCT Masters Reykjavik Winner Title would get overlapped by the Player Card in the Hover Card UI
As previously stated, this is an incredibly minor patch, though it fixes some gameplay issues with particular characters and addresses some UI glitches to make the game prettier. These are small bugs you expect to see after a massive update, and you can likely expect some more small patches like this one in the future. This patch put a focus on tweaking the recently unveiled character, KAY/O, who joined the Valorant cast of character in Episode 3.
Valorant is available to play on PC.