UPDATE: This deal also works for Xbox customers. Click here for more details.
With just one month left before launch Sony and Activision have announced that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will support cross-buy between PS3 and PS4. This means that anyone who purchases either digital version of the game will also receive the other for free. The promotion also applies to all DLC purchased individually or as part of the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Season Pass, so feel free to grab everything you want on your old PS3 and then upgrade to PS4 when you’re ready. This is only for a limited time though, full game upgrades will only be available until March 31st, 2015 so if the cross-buy option sounds good to you then make sure you buy the game before then. DLC purchases currently have no expiration date, so you should be alright waiting on those.
After purchasing your digital copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare just follow these instructions to get your cross-buy version:
- Log into your console using the same Sony Entertainment Network Account (PSN ID) used to buy/redeem the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Base Game or Season Pass.
- Navigate to the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare content page for the version of the game you want to download.
- Add the item to your cart and complete the transaction.
- Wait for the download to complete.
Pre-orders have been automatically upgraded to this offer, so there is no need to worry about cancelling and reordering. As far as digital pre-loads, the post explained that you will only be able to pre-load the version you actually purchased. The cross-buy copy on PS3 or PS4 will have to wait for launch day to be downloaded.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will be released on November 4th for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.
There is currently no news about a similar program like this for Xbox customers.
- This article was updated on:October 8th, 2014