As promised, Bandai Namco has released the latest update for God Eater 3, adding even more depth and replayability to its desolate world.
Dubbed version 1.30, this update is much like the one before it, featuring a combination of customization and gameplay features for players to sink their teeth into. In particular, players will gain access to brand new Engage Effects, Burst Arts and BA Effects to unlock, allowing for even more ways to tear up any Aragami — including two new they’re technically variants ones — that stand in their path.
Most notably though, this update will add a postgame story, titled “Another Devil,” featuring Zeke’s “long-lost” younger brother, Neal Pennywort (they actually reunite during the main story, so he’s not really “long-lost”).
Here’s a brief description via Bandai Namco:
The Hounds are working on Adaptive Armor and if this tech becomes viable, the Ash Crawlers can start to make long distance treks, this would be a dream come true for you and your allies. Ein also introduces you to a new partner, Neal, Zeke’s long-lost younger brother.
And here is everything else this new update is serving up:
- New assault mission has been added
Two NPCs have been added:
- Neal Pennywort — A lone wolf character who prefers to work on his own. He makes a good scout, though.
- Keith Pennywort — Described as having “mechanic” characteristics, making use of primarily melee attacks and support skills.
Two new Aragami have been added:
- Ameno Havakiri
- Ash Storm Anubis
- New Engage Effects have been added
- New Burst Arts have been added
- New BA Effects have been added
New Character Customizations
- New costumes have been added
- New accessories have been added
As noted on the updates page, God Eater 3 has more updates on the way, so hopefully Bandai Namco shares some info on those in the near future.
Check out a video featuring a story trailer and preview for the new update below: