It has been announced that a new firmware revision is on the way for the PlayStation 3. The update will include new features for PlayStation Plus subscribers, PlayStation Store enhancements, and changes to the XMB. Be on the lookout for firmware 3.70 shortly, while no concrete time frame was given in the announcement.
The PlayStation Blog brokedown all of the new features on the way in firmware 3.70.
For PlayStation Plus Subscribers:
- A new auto upload function for online save data back-up will be added to make it easier to back-up your game save data. Under (Game), select the game for which you want to automatically upload saved data, and then press the Triangle button.
- Also, Trophies will now sync automatically at the timing of Auto Download.
Changes to the PlayStation Store:
- A new recommendation function will be added that enables you to share your recommendations for PlayStation Store items, such as games and videos, with PlayStation Network friends. You will be able to send messages with a store link from the product pages within the PlayStation Store.
- You’ll be able to find and download all of the video applications available on PS3 directly from this new XMB category.
- A folder labeled “My Channels” within this category will allow you to easily access your downloaded applications.
- Any videos downloaded from the PlayStation store will continue to be placed in the existing Video category on the XMB
Bluray Support Features:
- 3D support will now be available when accessing Java-based special features on Blu-Ray
- DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR decoding/bit stream output (or lossless audio) will be supported while playing Blu-ray 3D movies.
- 3D digital photos in MPO format can now be viewed in 3D on the XMB and in the Photo Gallery app.
- This article was updated on:May 16th, 2017