Get ready for the next big update to hit your PS4 with Sony announcing that PS4 System Update 4.00 will arrive tomorrow for all users. This patch has been detailed a little bit before, promising a new Quick Menu and a UI overhaul. Now we have the official PS4 System Update 4.00 patch notes to go over ahead of the September 13th release date.
The Quick Menu and UI refresh have made it into this final version of the update. There have even been some changes from the way the feature worked in the PS4 4.00 beta. “One new addition to the Quick Menu that wasn’t featured in the beta program is an enhanced Music section to allow you to discover, play, and control Spotify without needing to open the app.”
PS4 System Update 4.00 also brings the much talked about HDR support that was announced alongside the PS4 Pro. While the newer console will support 4K resolutions for streaming and some games, HDR is arriving for all PS4 systems with this update. “After updating your system to version 4.00, you’ll see HDR settings in the Video Output Settings and be ready to enjoy HDR gaming and entertainment content once it’s available on any PS4 system you own. Of course, you’ll need an HDR compatible display as well.”
One piece of the update that wasn’t detailed before is the new feature that will allow players to transfer their system over to the PS4 Pro. “In order to make it easier to get all of your data from one PS4 to another, especially if you upgrade to PS4 Pro, we’ve added the ability to transfer data over a wired LAN connection. You can transfer games, user info, and saved data. Of course, you can re-download content and transfer saves through the cloud, but the LAN transfer should be much faster and easier.”
To see all the things that PS4 System Update 4.00 will bring to your gaming experience, click here to see the full patch notes.
- Xbox One ‘Will Always be Behind the PS4…Because it isn’t as Powerful’ says DICE Dev
- Xbox One predicted to have made up ground on PS4 in August sales, Wii U sales jump
- Ubisoft Xbox One Game Sales Half Those of PS4, Tied with PS3 and Xbox 360
- NPD: Sony back on top with PlayStation 4 sales in January
- Sony Spends Tons More Money On PS4 Ads Than Microsoft Does For Xbox One
- PS4 Sales Impress In Q2 2014 With 3.3 Million Units Sold
- Xbox One is winning the games message
- PlayStation Now No Longer Requires PS3, PS4 or Vita, April Update Adds Five New Games
- Former Driveclub Developer Says Power Of PS4 Pro Is Being Underestimated
- Everything announced at the Sony E3 Press Conference