Updates and patches aren’t infrequent in the modern day, but, in what might be an unprecedented move, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II has received a substantial update that brings with it a wealth of improvements. Obsidian Entertainment’s much loved RPG initially released in December of 2004 for PC and Xbox, before being re-released on Steam in 2012.
Now, a new update brings a host of new features, including:
- Native widescreen resolution
- Support for 4K and 5K
- Controller support for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4 and PS3 controllers
- Mod support via the Steam Workshop
- New Steam achievements and cloud saves
- Release for OS X and Linux
The new update ensures Knights of the Old Republic 2 will be the prettiest its ever been, and mod support means fans can download the highly recommended Restored Content Modification mod. Due to a rushed release, chunks of KOTOR II were lost and bugs were more prominent than one would hope; the Restored Content Modification mod restores the cut content and ensures a smoother experience overall.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II is available now on Steam and the App Store for $10/£7, with a 25% discount until July 28th.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018