Alongside the standard list of fixes and tweaks, the latest Steam update will allow users to download games and other software whilst playing.
Players now do not have to choose between playing a game or downloading an update and can just allow any downloads to occur in the background. This update follows a number of alterations that Valve have recently implemented in an attempt to improve the interface and mechanics of their popular platform.
All of the inclusions in this update were noted in THIS article and can be seen below –
- Add ability to limit what time of day Steam is allowed to automatically update apps
- Add option to let other games download while a game is running (this is a per-game setting)
- Add download regions for Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Ottawa in Canada
- Add ‘Copy all text to clipboard’ context menu option in the System Information dialogue.
Steam client UI
- Improve downloading status text at the bottom of the main window
- Added ability to opt into game betas and edit launch options
- Added Inbox item under Linux if your machine requires a reboot due to OS level updates
- Fix infinite loop of Cloud sync error dialogues on game launch
- Fixed mouse cursor being visible during startup animation even if it hadn’t move
- Fix paste pasting stale text.
- Fix Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V in client-hosted web page text controls.
- Fix incorrect foregrounding of a blank window in some -silent startup cases.
Are you glad of these new changes, or maybe frustrated that it has taken so long to arrive? Leave a comment below with your thoughts!