Tales Of Berseria is the next entry in the beloved ‘Tales Of’ RPG from Bandai Namco that has yet to make it’s way to the west. Thanfually though after much teasing, they have finally nailed down a release date and even showed off a pricey yet worthwhile collector’s edition for fans.
Taking place in the same timeline as Tales Of Zestiria, Berseria will take places into the past. The Holy Midgand Empire rules across the seas and lands of the world. The areas are divided into territories. The story serves as a prequel of sorts to Tales Of Zestiria where there is word of a savior who will bring peace to the land and unite the races. The battle system remains primarily unchanged from previous Tales games with one slight difference. The Soul Gauge replaces previous move governing mechanics in previous titles.
The Collector’s Edition (pictured above) will set fans back a solid $149.99, but comes with the following content.
- Exclusive Tales of Berseria SteelBook case
- Velvet and Laphicet Chibi Kyun Chara figures
- Exclusive 8-Bit retro keychain set
- Special Selection Music CD
- Hardcover prequel novel “A Witch’s Tale: A World Full of Daemons”
- Set of Tales of Berseria trading cards
- Tales of Berseria starter strategy guide artbook
You can pre-order the special edition at various retailers, but it should be noted that the initial run is set to only have 10,000 units available. So make sure you get one for yourself if you are a huge Tales fan.
Tales Of Berseria is set to release on PlayStation 4 on January 27th, 2017.
- This article was updated on:March 7th, 2018