Michael Pachter has made new estimates for console sales for the month of August which has the Xbox One gaining ground on PS4, and the Wii U jumping significantly on the back of Mario Kart 8. Pachter’s latest research notes indicate that the three consoles sold nearly 400,000 total.
According to the notes, the Wii U sales doubled year over year to 65,000, this mostly attributable to the success of Mario Kart 8. Also according to Pachter, PS4 sales dipped on a month over month basis down to 175,000, while Xbox One sales jumped 14% to 150,000.
Pachter believes that the $399 price point for a Kinect-less Xbox One, as well as the Madden bundles were the catalysts for the improvement.
These numbers are Pachter’s estimates and not the official NPD data which is due out later this month. Recently, Xbox exec Aaron Greenberg spoke about the Xbox One sales performance in the summer, calling it a slow season via Twitter.
- Xbox One ‘Will Always be Behind the PS4…Because it isn’t as Powerful’ says DICE Dev
- Xbox One – eSRAM Preventing 1080p Games
- Xbox One to deliver twice the performance with DirectX 12 update
- Xbox One Update For Preview Members Improves Backwards Compatibility
- Quantum Break No Longer Xbox One Exclusive, PC Version Coming with Cross-Save