Ever since going free-to-play, Destiny 2 has done more than it needed to win the hearts of fans. With constant updates, new activities to partake in, and more, you’ll find just about anything you could imagine within Bungie’s magnum opus. Plus, the fact that you’re able to do just about all of it without paying a cent is amazing, and these new updates continue to add more and more to the title.
They’re also diligent in making sure that players are taken care of, with constant updates to make sure that the experience is as smooth and seamless as possible, with only the occasional bout of server downtime to make sure the game is ready to perform it’s best. Here are all of the most recent changes that have come to Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 Update 2.54 – June 7
RAIDS AND DUNGEONS
- We have fixed an issue where Pinnacle gear was dropping more than once per week in the Master version of the Duality dungeon.
- Encounters from either Legend or Master, whichever is completed first, reward pinnacles once per week per class.
- Pinnacle rewards were unrestricted in Duality Master mode before this change
- Fixed an issue that blocked progress in Grasp of Avarice final boss encounter.
- Captain Avarokk might still show some shaky animations during the fight.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an activity crash during the Caretaker encounter in Vow of the Disciple.
- Removed Powerful rewards from Deep Stone Crypt when it’s not a weekly featured Raid.
Destiny 2 maintenance is complete.
Console players who encounter issues updating to 184.108.40.206 should restart their console and try downloading the update.
Players who observe issues should report to the Help forum: https://t.co/9lcpiG3pif
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) June 7, 2022
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where some weapons wouldn’t get Deepsight progression
- Fixed an issue where the enhanced version of Bait and Switch was not working.
- Fixed an issue where Adaptive Munitions was not working on Glaives.
- Fixed an issue where the Exotic Sidearm Trespasser was not available in Collections.
- Fixed an issue where the Season Pass Auto Rifle Firefright was not available in Collections
- Fixed an issue where the Conscripted ornament for Traveler’s Chosen could no longer be equipped
- Updated the description of the Roast ‘Em perk on the Hunter Exotic arms Caliban’s Hand: “Proximity Knife scorches targets it damages with its explosions, or ignites targets on a direct kill.”
- Fixed an issue where Artifice Armor lost their special mod socket.
- Heat Rises:
- Added behavior: Consuming your grenade now also releases a burst of cure x2 around you, healing you and your nearby allies. Consuming a Healing Grenade increases the strength of the burst to cure x3 and consuming a Touch of Flame Healing Grenade provides Restoration as an additional benefit.
- Icarus Dash:
- Added behavior: While airborne, rapidly defeating targets with your Super or any weapon cures you.
- Celestial Fire:
- Each Celestial Fire projectile now applies 10 Scorch stacks. This is increased to 15 stacks with Ember of Ashes equipped.
- Burning Maul:
- Buffed damage in PvE by 25%.
- Roaring Flames:
- While Roaring Flames is active, your uncharged melee attack now deals Solar damage and applies 30 scorch stacks to targets per hit. This is increased to 40 stacks with Ember of Ashes equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the Roaring Flames Aspect wouldn’t proc on some Solar grenade kills.
- Fragment slots increased from 1 to 2.
- Raised the height of the secondary attack’s ground wave by 25% to more easily catch players who jump too late.
- Ember of Benevolence
- Fixed an issue that caused this Fragment to activate and refresh inconsistently.
- Should now always activate from:
- Allies entering your Healing Rift or Well of Radiance.
- Healing allies with a Healing Grenade, Heat Rises grenade consume, Edge of Intent Warlock Glaive turret, or Phoenix Dive landing detonation.
- Hitting allies with Lumina’s Noble Rounds or Boots of the Assembler orbs.
- Fixed an issue with Vortex, Voidwall, and Solar grenades causing them to deal less damage than intended against PvE targets.
- Fixed an issue where certain Rare armor was able to be dismantled for Legendary rewards.
- Fixed an issue where the Season 17 Season Pass +10 ranks bundle was not properly showing on Eververse.
- Fixed an issue with the Russian translation for the perk Sleight of Hand. Now it properly states the perk functionality.
With all of these updates, plus the newest Season taking place, players have never had more reason to get back into the title. Those that are looking to take part in the fun can do so without spending any money, but if you’re looking to get your hands on some great weapons and armor, you may be making your first purchase in Destiny 2. If you’re looking for tips and tricks to complete objectives, as well as different perks for some of the newest weapons, make sure that you’re tuning into our Destiny 2 guide section.
Destiny 2 is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and PC.