While Doc is only playable after completing the first few stages in Back 4 Blood, she is still a vital Cleaner for any mission. Her main objective is to keep the Cleaners alive and in the fight. Doc starts every run with an MP5 and a Beretta M9. She also begins with a free bandage.
Her character perks provide a flat 20% bonus to healing efficiency and a team-wide 25% trauma resistance. Her special feature is that she can heal every Cleaner for 25 health once per stage. the free heal also receives bonuses from healing efficiency. With all of her strengths in mind let’s design a doc build that will emphasize these strengths.
Best Build for Doc in Back 4 Blood
- Combat Medic – 50% Use Speed, Heals teammates for an additional 20 Health when you revive them.
- Medical Expert – 15% Healing Efficiency, When you use a Medical Accessory, you gain 15% Move Speed for 15 seconds.
- Smelling Salts – 100% Revive Speed.
- Antibiotic Ointment – 20% Healing Efficiency.
- Energy Bar – 20% Stamina Regeneration, 5 Health.
- Avenge the Fallen – When you or a teammate becomes incapacitated, all teammates gain 30% Damage, 20% Reload Speed, and Unlimited Ammo for 10 seconds.
- Inspiring Sacrifice – When you or a teammate becomes incapacitated, all teammates heal for 25 Health over 20 seconds.
- Charitable Soul – Healing a teammate also applies 50% of the effect to you.
- Poultice – When you use a Medical Accessory, the target heals for an additional 20 Health over 30 seconds.
- Medical Professional – First Aids and Defibrillators also recover 15 Trauma Damage and 1 Extra Life.
- Support Scavenger – You can sense nearby Support Accessories. More Support Accessories spawn.
- Field Surgeon – 60% Healing Efficiency, -50% Use Speed.
- Knowledge is Power – 10% Weak Spot Damage, allows players to see values for damage they deal and enemy health bars.
- Marked for Death – Mutations you ping are highlighted and your team deals 10% increased damage to highlighted enemies.
- Chemical Courage – Pain Meds you apply also grant 25% damage for 60 seconds.
The main focus of this build is healing teammates. Unless it is a dire circumstance, Doc should be healing anyone that needs it. These cards will allow you to get the most bang for your buck out of any healing item. Some of the later cards you will pick up in the build will allow you to play a more supportive build with Doc. Allowing teammates to see how much health the Ridden have left will help with focusing down targets.
The addition of Chemical Courage gives you the option of not only buffing teammates to deal more damage but also buffing yourself in a pinch. This build has no recommended weapons to use with it since no specific damage cards are in play. The only thing not recommended is to use melee since you have no way to regen stamina with kills. Make sure to check out our other Back 4 Blood guides for other Cleaner builds.
Back 4 Blood is available for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4 and PS5.