Update 1.05 has arrived for F1 2021 and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
The last update for F1 2021 released on July 19th, 2021 and this was patch number 1.04. Well today comes an all-new patch number 1.05 for PS4 and PC. The PlayStation 5 version of the game is update number 01.005.000.
It has been noted by Codemasters that this update is only available for the PC and PlayStation formats. It looks like you will have to wait a few more days for this update if you own the game on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.
There does not appear to be any new content released for this patch. This update is released specifically to fix any bugs and issues. You can read the full patch notes below.
F1 2021 Update 1.05 Patch Notes
- Improvements to DLSS implementation
- Resolved a crash that could occur after returning to a ranked lobby if the lobby had split
- Addressed an issue where players could be split into a placeholder lobby when re-matchmaking in ranked
- Rebalanced Prologue and chapter 9 of Braking point on Hard difficulty
- Addressed a crash when previewing items within the Podium Pass
- Addressed a crash when Player 2 quits in Two-Player Career Player career while Player 1 is in an interview
- Addressed a crash with UDP if the number of active cars was zero
- Addressed a crash when editing colours of customisation items
- Addressed issues regarding Ray Tracing on PS5. Ray Tracing has now been re-enabled
- Addressed a crash that could occur when saving an F2™ highlight from Grand Prix mode
- Addressed an issue where Two-Player Career could be locked to equal performance
- Addressed an issue where players could be placed on sub-optimal tyres during an F2™ Sprint race
- Addressed an issue where the game could briefly stall when passing the start/finish line in one-shot qualifying
- Addressed an issue where only the lobby host would be notified that the Virtual Safety Car was ending
- Added option to select Ray Tracing quality on PC
- Disabled keyboards as an input device on Xbox to resolve an issue with detecting wheel inputs when re-assigning controls. This will be re-enabled once the underlying issue has been resolved with system firmware.
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
For more on this particular update, you can head on over to the Codemasters forums. F1 2021 is out now for PC, PlayStation and Xbox platforms.
- This article was updated on July 28th, 2021