Update 1.10 has arrived for F1 2021, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
After some brief maintenance, Codemasters will soon be releasing a new update to F1 2021 very shortly. The developer has announced that players will be getting a free track from today onward.
The free track that will be available in the game is called Portimao located in the country of Portugal. The track should be available in the following game modes once downloaded: “Time Trial, Grand Prix, Real-Season Start, and online“.
Another new addition to the patch is the Aston Martin Safety Car. There will also be a performance update to all cars in this update too.
You can read the patch notes posted down below.
F1 2021 Update 1.10 Patch Notes
INTRODUCING PORTIMAO IN F1 2021
The Autodromo Internacional do Algarve, otherwise known as Portimao, sits just half an hour outside the city of its namesake. It’s a track well-known for its elevation changes, boasting 15 truly glorious corners to race around.
While Valtteri Bottas put his Mercedes on pole in this year’s Portuguese Grand Prix, it was a decisive victory for Lewis Hamilton, who took the chequered flag a full 29 seconds before second-place Max Verstappen crossed the line.
Aside from some winter testing in 2008/09, last year’s Grand Prix was Formula 1®’s first race at Portimao, though some drivers on the grid have raced here earlier in their careers. Now it’s time for you to put the pedal to the metal on the Portuguese circuit.
Once you’ve downloaded the update, Portimao will be available for you to race in Time Trial, Grand Prix, Real-Season Start, and online. If you’re in the middle of a Career save, you won’t need to start again to experience Portimao. Whether in My Team, or Driver Career, it will appear for selection in your next season. Brand-new Career saves will have Poritmao available from the start.
Aston Martin Safety Car
For the first time ever, the 2021 F1® season saw the introduction of two official Safety Cars. Alongside the very recognisable (but now red) Mercedes AMG, the green Aston Martin Vantage will be taking on Safety Car duties at certain races.
Trigger the Safety Car in the following races, and you’ll see the special green Aston Martin Vantage leading the pack:
- Great Britain
- Saudi Arabia (when added in game)
- Abu Dhabi
The performance of the cars has been updated so that they are now much more reflective of what is happening on track right now. As a result of this, we’ll be wiping the F1® Time Trial leaderboards.
Additionally, we have made some minor tweaks to the handling model to remove an unrealistic element with low-speed cornering, which will be coming into the game as soon as the AI retraining has been completed.
Livery updates will also be coming in October, updating the teams’ look.*
Information taken above comes from the game’s official website. We will try and update this post if more patch notes are revealed. F1 2021 is out now for the PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4 and Xbox One platforms.
Update: Codemasters has now posted more concise patch notes via the official website.
Patch 1.10 is out now on all platforms. Check out what’s in this patch below:
- Portimao has been added to the available tracks in all modes
- F1 2021 vehicle performance has been brought more in-line with the real season. All F1 Time Trial leaderboards have been reset as a result of this change.
- Aston Martin safety car has been added to tracks where it is used in the real season
- Fixed a crash when watching highlights or replays on Xbox Series consoles
- Various improvements to Xbox multiplayer connections
- Addressed an issue where the race could end after the first lap in two-player Career
- Addressed an issue where the MFD could pop up when tyre wear reached 20% increments
- Addressed an issue where users could not enter the pits with heavily worn engine components while using steering assist
- Race strategy practice programme is now locked to standard fuel mode to bring this in line with race regulations
- Addressed an issue when adjusting HDR peak nit, it would not show a change on the images
- Fixed a crash quitting to the front end after negotiating a contract in two-player Career
- Fixed a crash when viewing standings after retiring from a league
- Dazzle camo helmet now displays correctly
- Fixed a crash when renegotiating with their current team after a reboot in two-player Career
- Addressed an issue where ERS toggle input could not be recognised
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
- This article was updated on September 13th, 2021