Update 2.01 has arrived for Madden NFL 22 and here are all the changes and fixes added with this patch. It’s no secret that the launch and subsequent months have been nothing short of underwhelming as countless bugs, player complaints and more have tarnished what used to be a proud franchise. Luckily, there are some fixes in this update that should definitely calm some of those issues for the time being. Here is everything new in Update 2.01 for Madden NFL 22.
Madden NFL Update 2.01 Patch Notes
- New scouting feature in Franchise mode
- Ranked in the Yard now available
- New gameplay abilities and tuning
NFL Authenticity Updates:
- 99 Club Cleats and new Jordan 5 low and mid cleats added
- Panthers and Saints Stadium renovations added
- Browns 1960’s helmet updated
- Colts 1960’s jersey updated
- Multiple mouthpiece placement issues fixed
- Some heads appearing grey on Gen 4 fixed
- Lighting issues around shadows are fixed across multiple stadiums.
- New throwback uniforms added for 49ers, 1980’s Away, 1994 Away, 1998 Home/Away
- New Likeness added for the following players:
- Brandon Aiyuk
- Ja’Marr Chase
- Caleb Farley
- C.J. Henderson
- Darnay Holmes
- Jaycee Horn
- Javon Kinlaw
- Trey Lance
- John Johnson III
- Dalton Schultz
- Gerald Everett
- Xavier McKinney
- Sean Murphy-Bunting
- Kenneth Murray Jr
- Michael Pittman Jr
- Patrick Queen
- Trey Sermon
- Laviska Shenault Jr
- DeVonta Smith
- Patrick Surtain II
- Kadarius Toney
- Jaylen Waddle
- Antoine Winfield
- Rock Ya-Sin
- Run Off Elite – Players with this ability will distract defenders for longer with their runoffs
- On The Ball – Players with this ability are much less likely to be fooled by WR runoffs.
- Precision Kicker – Kickers with this ability can see the entirety of the kicking arc
- Crusher – Defenders with this ability will cause heavy fatigue penalties when tackling a ballcarrier with a hit-stick tackle.
- Mind Reader – When they enter the zone, they can see offensive play art via coach cam.
- Demoralizer – Defenders with this ability will clear a ballcarrier’s progress towards entering the zone with a hit-stick tackle.
- Mind Reader (X-Factor) – When activated, defenders can see offensive play art via coach cam.
DEV NOTE: This powerful X-Factor Ability can only activate once the defensive player possessing the Ability gets in the zone by landing three successful Hit Sticks on Simulation or Arcade or five successful Hit Sticks on Competitive. You will be able to view your opponent’s play art when you bring up Coach Cam. To knock the player out of the zone, you will need to gain 30 yards on offense. This X-Factor will not be immediately available in Madden Ultimate Team, but it will be available in Franchise.
- Addressed an issue where QB Contain assignments would allow the QB to run underneath the defender and get outside the pocket
- Addressed an issue where QB Contain defender did not disengage at the appropriate time once the QB broke the pocket and started scrambling
- New Scouting Update Available
- Be sure to check out our Scouting Update Deep Dive Gridiron Notes
- Tuned the logic for the MVP award via boosting weight of sacks, greater emphasis on touchdowns, and more significant penalty for turnovers
- Fix to some teams missing their draft picks on the active/preseason roster
- Addressed an issue with Weekly Strategy fatigue where CPU/auto manage rep teams get too fatigued by the end of the season
- Addressed an issue where running backs had very high yards-per-reception in simulation
- Fixed an issue where the right tackle position did not appear in the trade menus.
Face of the Franchise Updates:
- Madden NFL 22 update 2.01 fixed a progression issue preventing players from getting progress in their player class during the road to the draft
- Updated road to the draft to reflect difficulty settings chosen during hospitality settings
- Madden NFL 22 patch 2.01 resolved multiple crashes impacting player experience
The Yard: Ranked has been added! The Yard: Ranked will allow you to earn Gear, Cred, and Madden Ultimate Team packs all year long. Earning Tier Points will allow you to place on the leaderboard. You can earn extra Tier Points each game by completing in-game goals known as “Props”. Rank up, Prestige, and show the world who’s the best in The Yard!
Presentation and User Interface:
- Completed authenticity improvements across pre-game flows
- Miscellaneous stability fixes
Madden Ultimate Team Updates:
- Various UI updates across the mode
- Fixed an exploit where users were able to exceed the AP limit
As you can see, this is a massive update for the game as not only are there player likenesses being added, but entirely new player abilities are available now as well and should shake up the gameplay in a major way.
Madden NFL 22 is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.