Update 1.49 has arrived for Marvel’s Avengers and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. There have been various reports of servers being down for many players, and along with this, it has been added to Xbox Game Pass as well, so there are naturally numerous amounts of bugs to fix this time around. Some of the fixes are for basic bugs, but some of the biggest ones include not requiring a Square Enix Members requirement in order to play multiplayer.
This is a huge relief because nothing is more annoying than having to sign up for some service you could care less about before even trying the game in the first place. As the game reaches a bigger audience through Game Pass, this is a crucial change. Here’s everything new with Update 1.49 for Marvel’s Avengers.
Marvel’s Avengers Update 1.49 Patch Notes
- Xbox Game Pass integration for Xbox and Windows PC
- Removing the Square Enix Members requirement for multiplayer
- In replays for War for Wakanda’s Royal Palace Visit 1, approaching Okoye now triggers the event to complete the mission.
- In Blood Feud, players can now properly pick up intelligence files after another player in the same Strike Team picks it up before them.
- Black Panther no longer becomes invisible and invincible after canceling Realm Shift into a jump.
- Various stability improvements
Marvel’s Avengers Update 1.49 will make things a bit easier working for players jumping in on Game Pass for the first time, but it will also fix some simply baffling decisions made when the game initially launched. Marvel’s Avengers is an interesting game. On one hand, it delivers an awesome superhero game with some of the best graphics around and some combat that is truly awesome to behold.
On the other hand, it delivers an incredible amount of repetition with barely any variety in both enemies and mission types and after a couple of hours with the game, you’ve pretty much seen all it has to offer. Add to that the lack of supervillains to fight despite having the Marvel license and you’re left with a game full of potential that can be a bit of fun, but always leaves you with the feeling of what could’ve been.
Marvel’s Avengers is available now on PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series X, and Google Stadia. For more information on the patch, visit the official Marvel’s Avengers site.