Update 1.16 has arrived for MLB The Show 21, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
Sony San Diego Studio is about to release a new update to MLB The Show 21 on all platforms. The update is set to go live on September 15th at 4:00 AM PT.
If you have the PS4 version of the game, the patch number is 1.16. For those of you on PS5, the update is version number 01.016.000. Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One owners have patch number 188.8.131.52.
The new update is a small one that will have some improvements. A crash has been fixed in Franchise mode and many improvements have been made to the UI. You can read the full patch notes posted down below.
MLB The Show 21 Update 1.16 Patch Notes (01.016.000 for PS5)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pinch hitting for an out of position player in Manage Full Game
- Removed the option to sign Free Agents in the off-season through the player search menu (this would sometimes result in the player being duplicated)
- Added a confirmation selection box when players select duplicate no-sell cards from Choice Packs
- Fixed a bug where the player card would stay on the screen if the user pressed R2 and the Options button at the same time
- Fixed a bug where player position would sometimes be blank on a batter walk-up presentation
- Fixed an issue where some Xbox linked accounts would not receive game invites
- There are no hitting or gameplay balance changes in this update.
Info taken above comes from the game’s official website. MLB The Show 21 is out now for the PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One platforms.
- This article was updated on September 15th, 2021