Update 1.17 has arrived for MLB The Show 21, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
San Diego Studio is going to release a new update to MLB The Show 21 on October 5th, 2021. The update will be deployed on all platforms starting at 4:00 AM PT. Some small server maintenance will be happening during this time too.
The patch number is 1.17 on PS4 and 01.017.000 on PS5. If you are playing the game on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One, the patch number is 188.8.131.52.
A big change in this new update is “PCI range and sensitivity has been increased“. You will notice this more on the harder difficulties of the game.
They have also increased the difficulty of Pinpoint Pitching for competitive settings and Legend difficulty. They felt it was too easy before based on player feedback.
You can read the full patch notes below.
MLB The Show Update 1.17 Patch Notes (01.017.000 on PS5)
- The PCI range and sensitivity has been increased to reach the corners of the zone. This is most noticeable on Hall of Fame and Legend difficulties.
- Increased the difficulty for Pinpoint Pitching on Competitive Settings and Legend difficulty (in all modes). The gesture, release timing and direction now have a less lenient criteria for ‘Good’ and ‘Perfect’ pitches when using competitive gameplay style settings.
- From the devs: After reviewing the feedback and data since UPDATE 11, we believe Pinpoint is still a little bit too easy right now in a competitive setting. Like before, this change will make the timing window for “Good” and “Perfect” slightly more difficult to achieve.
CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK
- Fixed the stats displayed for Shohei Ohtani and Ramon Laureano in the pre-game screen.
- Players now display the correct MLB Stats in the Player Cards and on Score Bug in Exhibition Live Roster games.
- Fixed a bug where settings would reset (including Dynamic Difficulty) when players would exit an offline game.
The following information taken above comes from the game’s official website. MLB The Show 21 is out now for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S platforms.