Update 1.4.0 has arrived for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
Capcom will soon release the fourth free update for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. While the update is not available just yet, you will soon see it released on September 30th, 2021.
The file size is not large as it’s only 0.2 GB. If you have the digital version of the game, the full file size will now be 16.3 GB. Always make sure you have enough room to download all the latest updates.
The update allows you to “Start Now” if you have a Battle Buddy. The update also comes with an additional new monster to hunt as well as more co-op quests coming soon. Several vital bug fixes have also been made.
You can read the full patch notes below.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Update 1.4.0 Patch Notes
Main Additions / Changes
- If you have a Battle Buddy when you select “Start Now” while in the Riders Hub, your Battle Buddy and their Monstie (if they have one) will join you on the quest.
Note: If you don’t have a Battle Buddy, you will be joined by an NPC the same as before.
- (High Difficulty) Kulve Taroth
Note: This is a Co-Op Quest exclusive monster.
- Molten Tigrex
- Dreadking Rathalos
Additional Co-Op Quests
- ★9 (Time) Fury of the Earth
- ★9 (Slay) Oroshi Kirin
- ★8 (Explore) Dragon Eggs
- ★9 (Explore) Elder Dragon Den
- ★9 (Turn) Dreadking & Molten
- ★9 (Slay) Dreadking Rathalos
- ★9 (Slay) Molten Tigrex
- ★4 (Special) Go Nuts for Donuts
- ★8 Sky-Rending Roar
- ★8 King Among Kings
- ★8 (Special) A Meaty Proposition
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Fixed a bug that prevents the Tenacity Skill from activating when switching in another Monstie during battle.
- Fixed a bug that occurs after selling trade-in items via “Sell Trade-in Items” that prevents a player’s funds from increasing if the total amount reaches 10,000,000 or more zenny while also causing their sold items to disappear.
- Fixed a bug that occurs when a player enters a battle while using Lava Dive, causing them to become immobile once the battle is finished and they return to the field.
- Fixed a bug that prevents the game from finishing loading after a player presses buttons repeatedly when changing the time of day at a Catavan Stand or taking a Catavan to another location (during a loading screen).
- There was a bug that occurs during a specific Subquest when the player is carrying an egg in a Monster Den and enters a battle. When the battle finishes, the eggs in the nest have regenerated, but when the player picks up one of these eggs, they cannot exit the den. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that occurs when four players are engaged in a Pair Battle in Versus Battles and both sides lose simultaneously, but rather than enter into sudden death, the game stops functioning properly.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
The info taken above comes from the official Monster Hunter website. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is out now for the Nintendo Switch and PC platforms.