The Halloween update has just dropped in Pokémon Unite. With it, the event kicks off, bringing more than just a new Pokémon. There are a hefty amount of changes to the current roster of Pokémon. Some changes are well deserved while others may bring the lesser used up to snuff with the rest of the cast. Here are the changes listed in today’s update (October 20, 2021).
Pokémon Unite version 22.214.171.124 patch notes
- “Halloween Night in Mar Stadium” will be held!
Mer Stadium will be specially redesigned for a limited time!
At Mer Stadium during the event, you can use “pumpkins” instead of battle items, and you can throw pumpkins and put them on your opponent’s Pokémon.
Trick or Unite!
- Bug fixes
- Text fixes
- Event update
- Shop update
- Battle balance adjustments
In order to adjust the balance of Unite Battle, we have changed some of Pokémon’s abilities and moves.
- Thunder – Increased the amount of damage done to the opponent’s Pokémon.
- Volt Tackle – Increased the amount of damage done to the opponent’s Pokémon.
- Amnesia – Cooldown decreased. HP recovery amount has increased.
- After level 5, when you deal special damage, you will recover your health according to the damage done.
- Hydro Pump – The amount of damage done to the opponent’s Pokémon has been reduced.
- Water Spout – Cooldown decreased
- Unite Move: Hydro Typhoon – The amount of damage done to the opponent’s Pokémon has been reduced.
- Giga drain – HP recovery has been reduced.
- Solar beam – Increased the amount of damage done to the opponent’s Pokémon.
- Lowered base attack damage.
- Steadfast – The frequency of activation has been lowered.
- Unite Move: Full Force Blast – Fixed a bug that could increase damage by using Power Up Punch after using it.
- Increased base attack speed.
- Dragon Rush – Increased the amount of damage done to the opponent’s Pokémon.
- Wild Charge + : Fixed a bug that caused more damage than expected when hitting multiple opponent Pokémon.
- Dive – Fixed a bug that caused a display issue.
- Gale Wings: Fixed a bug where the Gale Wings effect was not activated when returning after being KO’d.
Zapdos (Remoat Stadium)
- The amount of Aeos Energy that can be obtained has decreased.
Drednaw (Remoat Stadium)
- Reduced amount of Shield gained after KO.
- Reduced amount of EXP gained after KO.
Rotom (Remoat Stadium)
- Increased Movement Speed, HP, and Attack after KO.
- Increased time goal area is broken after Rotom activates it.
A special note from the team via the official Twitter account: not all players will be able to obtain the rewards before the end of the event. That’s a bit of a bummer.
Attention Trainers! Please note for the upcoming Halloween Festival in #PokemonUNITE, not all players will be able to obtain all rewards by the event's end. Please choose your rewards carefully!
— Pokémon UNITE (@PokemonUnite) October 19, 2021
These patch notes are taken from the Japanese website. They’ve been translated and cleaned up for clarity as the official English patch notes are not out yet.
The Halloween event is live now for Nintendo Switch and Mobile players. Pokémon Unite is available for download for free. To keep up with additional content regarding the game like guides and news, click here.