Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has been out almost two years at this point and has seen the addition of seven additional DLC fighters, eight if you include Piranha Plant. With each of these character additions, we’ve seen various patches come out for the game in that time. Over the last year, the updates have been spread out for the most part, but now the latest comes just a week after the previous one with update 9.0.1.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update 9.0.1 Patch Notes
The 9.0 update that came out last week alongside Steve added everything related to him to the game, but this one instead focuses on fixes related to Steve. One of them is not actually mentioned in the patch notes, as there was a certain thing in the win animation screen that people noticed with Steve that is no long there. The rest of the changes have actually been noted in the patch notes from the Nintendo support site, which are as follows:
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the opposing fighter destroyed the block.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the anvil created with a down air attack struck the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where the opposing fighter would become uncontrollable when Steve/Alex hit them with a minecart in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where if Steve/Alex’s minecart bounced off the wall, it would not hit the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where opposing fighters carried in Steve/Alex’s minecart would sometimes be warped to the original location where they were picked up.
- Fixed the issue where certain fighters could go through Steve/Alex’s block once KO’d.