Update 1.26 has arrived for Surviving Mars, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
In this update, Surviving Mars gets some great gameplay improvements including rebalancing rewards for recurring Recon Center discovery events, additional bug fixes including the missing passenger UI and the cables and pipes being created on the wrong map, and finally, some platform-specific issues including controllers disconnecting.
Here is the full list of Patch Notes:-
- The lander rocket now loads items in increments of 1 instead of 5.
- Moved the cave-in clearing tech earlier in the tech tree, now appearing between position 5 and 8, instead of as the 13th tech.
- Change the order in the cargo screens, grouping buildings of the same type together.
- Rebalance rewards for recurring Recon Center discovery events.
- Fixed colonists and drones getting stuck in food stockpiles. Attention: the fix requires the rebuilding of depots and food production buildings that display broken behavior!
- Show the Lander Rocket immediately amongst the pinned items on Mars when it does its last-second launch as an Asteroid goes out of range.
- Lander Rocket now properly loads all drones when launching at the last second as an asteroid goes out of range.
- Lander rocket now only starts loading drones, rovers, crew, and prefabs if everything is available.
- The “died in orbit” trigger will activate only if the crew actually dies.
- Removed colonists that died in orbit.
- Cave-ins can be reached more easily by drones to clear.
- Fixed issue where elevator cargo could get lost if both sides of the elevator requested the same resource.
- Fixed issue where elevator cargo could not be updated after the initial request.
- Fixed vehicles cannot be transferred through the elevator using right-click.
- Ancient Artifact spawns the correct amount of drones.
- Auto explore of the RC Explorer no longer reveals hidden anomalies.
- Added missing icons for pinned surface passage and underground passage.
- Correctly updated pin dialog when transporting RCRover.
- Fixed incorrect game over condition when colonists died on Asteroids while there were still alive colonists on Mars or the Underground.
- Fixed issue where cables and pipes were created on the wrong map.
- Workshifts now properly update while on another map.
- Prevented refabbing landing and trade pads while they’re in use.
- DLC buildings will be accessible on a new game after loading an old save.
- Fixed missing Passenger Rocket UI in the resupply menu on old retail save.
- Cheat panel improvements (available in creative mode only on Windows, Mac, Linux).
And several other underlying code fixes that were presumably causing bugs, especially to save games from before the update.
- Fixed startup crash on certain Windows 7 installs.
- Removed the assert window on Linux.
- Disconnecting controller issue.
- Dome births cannot be controlled.
- The game crashes when a lander rocket is departing with drones in cargo while the asteroid moves out of range.
- Youths, adults, and seniors occupy child-only buildings.
- Same anomaly events are found multiple times on the surface, breaking the game balance.
- There is no warning about an unloaded cargo when launching a rocket back to Earth.
- Crash related to Inner Light Mystery on old retail saves.
Surviving Mars is now available for purchase on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
- This article was updated on September 14th, 2021