Update 3.85 has arrived for War Thunder, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
Gaijin Entertainment is always constantly updating War Thunder as a new update has been released for the game in the early hours of September 11th, 2021. The update on PS4 is version 3.85, although it’s officially patch 188.8.131.52.
Unlike previous updates for the game that balance gameplay and change vehicle stats, today’s patch is mainly to address some niggling bug fixes.
Many bug fixes that were made have been to improve the sound of the game. Some of the sounds of the game were missing, so they have been added back in.
You can read the full patch notes posted down below.
War Thunder Update 3.85 Patch Notes
- Inverted border and fill colors on the player nicknames have been fixed on the lighting scheme of player nameplates.
- A bug has been fixed where in some cases autocannon fire might cause the damage indicator to appear on a player’s own aircraft.
- A bug has been fixed that made aircraft contacts at distances between 2.8 and 4.6 km blurred and almost invisible in the air .
- User created rooms have been removed from the air SB room list. Now they are divided by nation presets, together with matchmaker created rooms.
- In the air SB room list, a new checkbox has been added – “Show supported only”, which allows the hiding of all rooms unavailable for the selected aircraft and gaming nation, including those for all squad mates.
- A bug that caused the progress bar for some tasks to be displayed incorrectly has been fixed.
- EC-665 Tiger HAD, EC-665 Tiger HAP — A bug with increased number of rounds for the 30 mm GIAT M781 cannon has been changed from 450 to 750 when using the MAW (missile approach warning system) modification.
- AD-2 Skyraider — Aircraft armour has been fixed. Steel armour plate behind the engine has been added.
- Aircraft are now more audible from the ground.
- The volume of the collision of ground vehicles with obstacles has been slightly increased.
- A bug where some mechanization sounds were missing in the aircraft cockpit has been fixed.
- A bug that sometimes caused enemy/allied aircraft cannons to fire silently has been fixed.
- A bug where sometimes the engine sounds of enemy/allied aircraft were missing has been fixed.
- A bug that might interrupt landing sounds of the gear touching the ground has been fixed.
- A bug that could cause the sound of water splashing when enemy/allied ground vehicles respawned has been fixed.
- The sounds of water splashing for enemy/allied vehicles have been changed.
- Track sounds of player and enemy/allied vehicles have been slightly increased in volume.
Info taken above comes from the game’s official website. War Thunder is out now for the PC, PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
- This article was updated on September 11th, 2021