Earlier today Bungie held a Destiny Expansion II: House Of Wolves stream to showcase the Prison Of Elders. In it we learned quite a bit about the new mode, but they died a lot so fans were left wanting to see more of the endgame content they were promised. Thankfully the internet has banded together and discovered what the stream may have missed.
Previously we talked about how House Of Wolves will change the game with weapon upgrade paths, but here it is more along the lines of changing Destiny’s endgame content is what makes fans excited. Reddit has already started collecting a great bit of information regarding the Prison Of Elders. The official Bungie page for Prison of Elders also just went live which serves to give fans a better look at what to expect.
- Four levels of difficulty for Prison of Elders: level 28, level 32, level 34, level 35
- Level 28 will have NO weekly lockout, but 32, 34, and 35 will
- There are 6 versions of PoE for the challenge modes (32, 34, 35)
- Level 35 will be the same each week, but each week, 32 and 34 will change. There are 5 possible “curated” versions for 32 and 34.
- The Prison of Elders consists of 4 Rounds, each Round having 3 Waves to eliminate, then a Strike-style boss after the 4th Round
- Starting with Round 2, Critical Objectives can appear after Wave 1 or Wave 2. Examples seen in the stream included timed mine defusing (capture each zone before time runs out or you wipe) and VIP kill (just like the public event, but failure = wipe)
- After Wave 2, you get The Gift, which can be a Scorch Cannon (more on that bad boy later) or a Heavy Ammo chest. There might be additional Gift possibilities, but those two are the ones we saw.
- Scorch Cannon: It’s Michael Bay Mode. This baby fires sticky warheads and can be charged up to increase the devastation it unleashes. It has limited ammo, so use it wisely, but it looks VERY useful in the Prison of Elders.
- Vestian Dynasty: BRAND NEW WEAPON CLASS!!! Vestian Dynasty is a Legendary Sidearm that is basically a repeating pistol. Looks a lot like the guns wielded by The Queen’s Awoken guards. Can’t wait to learn more about this gun and the class itself.
All in all the new weapon class is a automatic pistol and the wave based mode will have a ton of modifers to amp the difficulty up. Players will also get random objectives that they will have to complete as well such as destroying splinter mines. Thankfully though fans can repeat the level 28 version as much as they want, however anything above that will be locked at once per week.
As far as rewards go, weapon and armor cores are going to be your bread and butter which you can then head over to the Vestian Outpost and visit Variks, The Loyal to trade for a rotation (think Xur) of Fallen-themed weapons and gear.
Destiny Expansion II: House Of Wolves and Prison Of Elders is set to release later this month on May 19th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.