Where does the Far Cry series go next? That’s the question that Ubisoft has been asking Far Cry 4 players recently, with a questionnaire about possible settings for the open-world franchise. The last two games in the series have followed very similar patterns, but the possible settings that Ubisoft presents to players in a poll revealed by Eurogamer suggest that things could be wildly different in future games.
Some of the more creative settings include a Jurassic Park-like world, a game set during a zombie outbreak, a world that includes Vampires, and many others.
Eleven different settings were posed to players in the questionnaire, the full list can be found below:
- A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- A Far Cry game in a futuristic sci-fi setting on another planet
- A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam War during the 1960’s
- A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join Vampires
- A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
- A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt
- A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic world
- A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park-style island of dinosaurs
- A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry 4
Ubisoft has done these surveys in the past, and they’ve traditionally been good hints as to where the series is heading. Wherever that may be, it seems that Ubisoft has plenty in store for Far Cry fans going forward. Far Cry 4 released in fall 2014 to critical acclaim, and was our favorite shooter of the year.