New Items, Pokémon and Assist Trophies Revealed for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Some are returning favorites, others are brand new.
There was a lot announced during today’s Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct stream, including new characters, stages, battle modes, and more characters. Also detailed were a number of new items, including new Pokémon and Assist Trophies. Some are returning from previous Super Smash Bros. games, such as the Gray Fox Assist Trophy, but many are new to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Below is a list of the items shown off in the stream, as well a brief description of what they do.
- Banana Gun: Fires a single strong bullet before being used as a standard Banana.
- Killing Edge: A sword that inflicts more damage when it glows.
- Bomber: A player can lift it up, which will cause it to explode shortly, damaging nearby enemies but not the player using it.
- Death’s Scythe: KOs enemies who are already badly damaged.
- Staff: Shoots projectiles that become more powerful the farther the user is from the target.
- Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom: Plants a mushroom on enemies’ heads that reverses their controls.
- Rage Blaster: A gun that becomes more powerful the higher the user’s percentage is.
- Alolan Exeggutor: Acts as a wall wherever the PokéBall landed.
- Abra: Teleports an enemy to a random location on the stage.
- Solgaleo: Appears on the stage and fires a strong beam at opponents.
- Lunala: Appears in the background and fires a strong beam at opponents.
- Mimikyu: Grabs a nearby enemy and pulls them into itself before inflicting damage.
- Pyukumuku: Stands around and inflicts damage on enemies that get too close.
- Vulpix: Shoots fire at nearby enemies.
- Alolan Vulpix: Shoots ice at nearby enemies.
- Marshadow: Performs a strong punch, damaging nearby enemies.
- Ditto: Tranforms into a fighter and joins the battle.
- Zero (from Mega Man series): Uses his sword to perform short and long-range attacks.
- Knuckles (from Sonic the Hedgehog series): Attacks using jumps and punches.
- Krystal (from Star Fox series): Attacks with her staff and freezes enemies.
- Klaptrap (from Donkey Kong series): Bites enemies.
- Kapp’n (from Animal Crossing series): Takes enemies into his car and drives them off-screen.
- Chef Kawasaki (from Kirby series): Cooks enemies and creates food.
- Gray Fox (from Metal Gear series): Attacks enemies with a succession of fast sword attacks.
- Nikki (from Swapnote): Draws hazards onto the stage.
- Shovel Knight (from Shovel Knight): Attacks enemies with his shovel and can dig up food.
- Moon (from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask): Falls into the stage and inflicts heavy damage on everyone.
- Rathalos (from Monster Hunter series): Shoots fireballs at enemies.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will launch on the Nintendo Switch on December 7.