Tomorrow marks the official launch of the highly-anticipated Resident Evil 7, which will serve as a bold new direction for the series. The game has been getting very positive reviews so far, but now the game’s day one patch has been detailed that does more than the standard bug fixing.
Thankfully, this patch isn’t nearly as big as some recent day one patches for games have been, with the patch coming in at a relatively small 806.2MB. This will continue to keep Resident Evil 7’s overall file size on the lower end of recent AAA games, with both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game having file sizes that are just over 20GB. This brings the game to versions 1.01, and the following is the complete list of patch notes:
- Now supports add-ons
- New trophies added
- Now supports notifications of new additional chapters
- Fixed certain bugs and issues
As you can see, the patch adds support for add-ons, of which the game has a pretty extensive lineup planned. There will be seven pieces of paid DLC that will be released throughout 2017, which will come in the Banned Footage Vol. 1 & 2 packs along with an additional story episode.
You also probably noticed that the patch actually adds new trophies to the game, and they are the following:
- Dead By Dawn? – Complete Nightmare – Bronze
- Sleepless In Dulvey – Complete Night Terror – Silver
- Like Mama Used To Make – Complete Bedroom – Bronze
- Ratcatcher – Find all the dead rats in Bedroom in a single play – Silver
- Ethan Never Dies – Complete Ethan Must Die – Gold
For those of you who were hoping that the game might be coming to the Nintendo Switch at some point this year, that will not be happening. The game’s producer and director have confirmed that they have no plans to bring the game to Nintendo’s upcoming console, though they did admit interest in what Nintendo has in store.
- This article was updated on:January 23rd, 2017