The Dota 2 International 2015 total prize pool has now reached a colossal $8,000,000 which unlocks a community Short Film Contest.
The Short Film Contest will consist of videos, which are no longer than 1 minute, being both submitted and voted upon by Dota 2 fans. After the community has voted for the nominees, through the Steam Workshop, Valve will select the winners. Not only will the winners have their videos showcased at The International itself but Valve will awarding the entry or entries they “consider the best” $20,000 in prizes.
Below are a few key requirements of the video entries. For the full list of rules of the Short Film Contest head to Steam.
- Entries must pertain to Dota 2.
- Entries can use any form or combination of animation or live-action technique in their creation. Using Source Filmmaker is not a requirement.
- Each entry must be at least 720p.
- The deadline for submission will be 04:00:00 PDT on the morning of July 13th, 2015.
- Multiple submissions per person are allowed
The next prize pool goal sits at $9,000,000 and if, or hopefully when, reached International 2015 Compendium owners will receive a Wyvern Hatchling courier. Future stretch goals include another Immortal Treasure, a Desert skin for the Dota 2 map and a new Music Pack. The International 2015 still over 85 days away so it looks likely the total prize pool will eclipse that of last year’s event and unlock all of the prize pool stretch goals.