Blizzard’s new super hush, hush title, Project Titan has been under wraps for so long we tend to forget that the game is still in development. We do know that Titan is slated to be Blizzard’s next flagship IP, but any new information about what the game is actually about has been slim at best. Until today.
Blizzard has confirmed that their next-gen MMO will not be an expansion of any of their existing properties, and will be a completely new outing for the company and users alike. The website Titan Focus has released what they consider very strong details concerning the game’s plot.
- It’s based on Earth’s history, but also includes a high amount of fiction. It will have a “deep history”, just as Warcraft and Starcraft.
- They’re intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan’s world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another.
- There will be a lot of Time Travel.
- When it comes to weapons, we’ll have almost everything at our disposal, from magic to guns.
- Heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myths.
- They’ve invited some established writers (Richard A. Knaak for example) to help with the storyline.
- It’s an MMORPG. We’ll play from a 3rd person view, but there will also be a first person view during “events”. No extra clarification as to the nature of these events could be given.
- TAB targeting in combat.
- It will benefit from a completely new game engine.
- Graphics will be in the established “Blizzard style”.
- Primarily a PC game, but next-gen consoles are still being considered. Probably after launch, as with D3.
- Expected 12+ PEGI.
- It’s designed with eSports in mind. They will try to grow it into a successful eSport.
- There will be “clan” housing. No details on player-housing.
- Last but not least, the game will have an Auction House. Nothing conclusive about a Real-Money Auction House but it is possible. As an extra tidbit, Blizzard was also considering introducing a RMAH into WoW at one point, but apparently not anymore.
What do you think? Does this sound like something that would lure any of you that have strayed back to the world of MMORPG? Let us know what you’re thinking.