Do you wish Reinhardt could fly? Believe Winston should only utter his name like a Pokémon? Think Sojourn should have the ability to stun?
By jumping into Overwatch 2‘s newest Arcade mode, you can catch a glimpse of upcoming changes to all of the game’s heroes. Blizzard has assured us that this is totally not a fun April Fool’s day mode and is absolutely serious.
This guide contains every hero change in Overwatch 2’s (absolutely not) April Fool’s Day event, including hidden changes not included in the official patch notes.
All April Fool’s Overwatch 2 Hero Changes
Below are all the changes to heroes in Overwatch 2’s April Fool’s Day Arcade mode, ‘Temp – Next Balance Patch – Final_Final23.’
- All heroes have new Ultimate Voice Lines (including “Kamehameha!” for Moira and “Propaganda is useless!” for Sombra).
- Keep 50% Ultimate Charge when swapping heroes.
- All heroes have giant googly eyes.
- Tank heroes gain Ultimate charge 10% faster.
- The hero that gets the final blow on a tank gains a significant amount of ultimate charge.
- Damage heroes heal 50 health on eliminations.
- Support Heroes gain 30% increased movement speed for 4 seconds when reaching low health.
Overwatch 2 April Fool’s Day Tank Changes
- Can be empowered by Power Block.
- Damage increased from 50 to 75 when empowered.
- Enemies hit by the shockwave are launched into the air.
- After deflecting a projectile, Defense Matrix deals 30 damage to enemies within its area of effect over 1 second.
- Defense Matrix killing blows grant an additional 5% Ult Charge.
- Applies a bleed to enemies in range when activated.
- While in the air, Javelin Spin pulls Orisa forward in her facing direction.
- Increases falling speed and deals damage in an area when Orisa lands on the ground.
- Omnic Form disabled.
- Rammatra is now always in Nemesis Form.
- Bonus armor decreased from 225 to 125.
- Moved to Ability 1.
- Now has a 1-second cooldown when disengaged.
- In-game chat is automatically changed to match Reinhardt’s vocabulary.
- Now grants flight. Hold Jump to float up and Crouch to go down.
- Steering increased by 33%.
- Range increased by 50%.
- Enemies hit by the impact are knocked back and experience low gravity for 4 seconds.
- Cooldown decreased from 10 to 8 seconds.
- Most of Winston’s non-unlockable voice lines have been replaced with his own name.
- Barrier Projector now follows Winston.
- Minimum speed is temporarily increased when bouncing off walls.
- Mines slowly move toward nearby enemies.
- Moves towards Zarya after deploying.
- Self-knockback on secondary fire scales with Energy level.
Overwatch 2 April Fool’s Day Damage Changes
- Fire spreads to nearby enemies up to 4 times.
- While active, Tactical grenade has a 0.5-second cooldown.
- Now costs regenerating stamina instead of having a cooldown.
- Dodge all damage when Combat Roll is active.
- Ammo reload decreased from 6 to 2.
- Now fires 2 additional projectiles.
- Damage per projectile decreased from 17 to 12.
- Genji has the chance to heal himself when requesting healing.
- Storm arrows ricochet toward the Sonic Arrow.
- Drop grenades when launching yourself with Concussion Mine.
- Spawns more pillars and has slightly different configurations.
- Rockets deal no self-damage and have increased knockback.
- Pharah can be knocked back when Barrage is active.
- Barrage rockets now have self-knockback.
- Fuel decreased by 33%.
- Movement is no longer locked after confirming a teleport location.
- Now impacts enemies dealing 75 damage, launching them upward, and knocking them down for 1.5 seconds.
- Now attached to Solder: 76 when activated.
- Now deals 120 damage in an area at the teleport destination.
- Projectile speed increased from 25 to 40.
- Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 6 seconds.
- Turrets can now target enemies while in mid-flight.
- Turrets have 50% damage resistance before sticking to terrain.
- Now causes Rivet Gun and Forge Hammer to ignite enemies, dealing 30 additional damage over time.
- Pulls in nearby enemies when activates.
- Arming time increased from 1 second to 2 seconds.
- Critical hits deal their damage over 3 seconds as poison.
- Widowmaker can see poisoned enemies through walls.
Overwatch 2 April Fool’s Day Support Changes
- Jumping with Exo boots has more horizontal distance, scaling with the charge amount.
- Hold Jump after using Exo Boots to keep bouncing.
- Brigitte is pulled towards the flail head.
- Range increased from 35 to 350m.
- Cooldown now scales with distance traveled.
- Now deflects projectiles.
- Cooldown decreased from 4 to 3 seconds.
- Ammo increased from 25 to 125.
- Projectile speed increased from 50 to 125.
- Pressing the ability input while Biotic Orbs are active causes them to stop or start moving.
- Launches Zenyatta in his facing direction when used in the air.
In other April Fool’s Day shenanigans, Sega has released an official visual novel involving the murder of Sonic the Hedgehog available to download for free.
- This article was updated on March 31st, 2023