Update 1.81 has arrived for Apex Legends, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. This update is currently rolling out across all platforms. Many players have been encountering server issues in Apex Legends after the most recent update, and this patch aims to address those issues. A recent server update fixed teleporting, packet loss, and lag, and this patch will address even more problems. Here’s everything new with Apex Legends update 1.81
Apex Legends Update 1.81 Patch Notes
According to Respawn, this update fixes a crash related to animated banners and other issues. Here’s what’s new:
We've just shipped a client-side patch for @playapex which fixes numerous bugs, including some that can cause crashes and disconnects. See the full list below.
We're also aware that there are still reports of slo-mo servers, and are looking into it! pic.twitter.com/5Ruc9soJD8
— Respawn (@Respawn) September 22, 2021
- Fixed a crashing error sometimes caused by equipping animated banner poses
- Fixed an error with using a Crafting replicator (“PopLockFOV called more often than PushLockFOV”
- Fixed being unable to hold to swap from an equipped Red Evo armor to a Gold Armor, if Red Evo armor had more health
- Fixed an exploit that allowed Pathfinder to melee far faster than intended
- Fixed Pathfinder Emote “Old Bot, New Trick” using the wrong icon
- Switch: Fixed “Press Left Stick to toggle Zoom” message displaying in the middle of weapon sight
- Fixed Bangalore’s “Solar Soldier” skin obscuring the screen while ADSing while holding down her tactical ability
- Misc stability fixes, including fixing some errors that can cause disconnections
- Fixed being able to regenerate ammo for Sheila by meleeing
- Fixed players being able to reduce Sheila’s bullet spread by crouching
- Added transition animations for Rampart’s heirloom when the weapon is inspected while Rampart is running
- Stability fixes
- Fixed players not receiving updated lobby settings when finishing a previous Private Match
- Fixed an error in Arenas that occurred when attempting to open the map
- Fixed players not showing up correctly in pre-match Team UI
The Apex Legends servers have been experiencing frequent issues lately, and players are not happy with the current state of the game. Alongside the aforementioned teleporting, packet loss, and lag, players have also been encountering disconnects and errors. The most recent update also seems to have introduced additional bugs relating to certain Legends’ abilities, such as Wattson’s Pylons.
The previous update was supposed to include the hotly-debated tap strafing nerf, but the change was delayed indefinitely due to unexpected side effects. With multiple issues popping up after the last patch, it seems like the tap strafing changes may be put on the backburner while Respawn tries to fix the glitches and server issues. If you’re able to play Apex despite the current issues, then the Evolution Collection Event is currently live in-game with a ton of new cosmetics to earn.
Apex Legends is available now on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.