Fallout 4 has finally gotten its first piece of DLC with the Automatron expansion that hit earlier today. Fans might have some trouble downloading the expansion, which you can find some help for here, but once they have it the question is how to get started. To help out, here’s our guide on how to start Automatron in Fallout 4.
To begin, you need to listen to a specific distress signal. This can be done anywhere in the Fallout 4 map, so open up your Pip-Boy and head to the Radio section. There you will see the Caravan Distress Call, which is part of the Mechanical Menace quest. Listen to this to trigger the next step in your mission.
The signal will bring you to a bunch of robots who are being attacked east of Watts Consumer Electronics. If you haven’t discovered this location in your regular Fallout 4 travels, then just know that it is north of the Institute and the CIT, to the west of the curved road you’ll see there. Check this area and you should stumble upon it soon.
Once you find it you should be able to follow the next few prompts that the game gives you and complete the quest, unlocking the abilities that the Fallout 4 Automatron DLC offers.
- Fallout 4 Workshop Guide: How to Build your Town and Keep Settlers Happy
- Fallout 4 Has Major Issues on Xbox One, Frame-Rate Drops to 0 at Some Points
- Fallout New Vegas 2 or Fallout 4, Obsidian is ready
- Fallout 4 – ‘Survivor2299’ Site A Hoax?
- Fallout 4 Guide: Where to Find More Fusion Cores for your Power Armor