The Kymera skin in Fortnite Season 7 is customizable, but you’ll need to collect Alien Artifacts in order to obtain new styles for the outfit. Alien Artifacts are rare and can only be found in specific locations. You won’t be able to get enough to get all the styles for Kymera in a day or two. Plus, if you want the final style for any part of the outfit, you have to unlock every other style on the list first. You’re going to want to stock up and search for these artifacts as much as you can. Here’s how to get Alien Artifacts in Fortnite.
Fortnite Week 1 Alien Artifact Locations
The first set of Alien Artifacts is very easy to find. There are five of them scattered across all corners of the island.
- Northwest of Catty Corner on an elevated platform.
- In a shed behind Durrr Burger south of Holly Hedges.
- In the middle of The Aftermath in the center of the map.
- On the spiral staircase of the Guardian Tower northeast of Believer Beach.
- In the orchard north of Corny Complex.
Week 2 Alien Artifact Locations
The second set of Alien Artifacts is now available for players to find. Like the first set from week 1, there are only five of them to find.
- On top of the satellite dish of the IO base to the west of Believer Beach.
- In a house to the northeast of Pleasant Park near the Guardian Tower.
- On the bridge to the south of Corny Complex.
- By the pool near the pylon to the northeast of Retail Row.
- In a house near the Guardian Tower on the left island of the lake to the north of Misty Meadows.
Week 3 Alien Artifact Locations
There are five Alien Artifacts to collect during Week 3.
- On the second floor of the large central building in Coral Castle
- On a boat suspended from the ceiling in a building in the northwest corner of Craggy Cliffs
- In the center of Boney Burbs
- In the central building of Slurpy Swamp
- In the small building near Lockie’s Lighthouse (this one is currently glitched but it should become visible soon)
Week 4 Alien Artifact Locations
There are five Alien Artifacts to find for Week 4.
- On a pipe attached to the side of the central building of Steamy Stacks
- Under the stairs leading to the blue warehouse in Dirty Docks
- Near the shelves by the plants outside the central red building in Holly Hedges
- Floating near a second-story window in the smaller of the two buildings in Weeping Woods
- In the shed behind the yellow house in the northwest corner of Lazy Lake
Week 5 Alien Artifact Locations
There are five Alien Artifacts to find for Week 5.
- In the attic of the blue house in Believer Beach
- In the gazebo at the center of Pleasant Park
- At a campsite overlooking the ocean northeast of Craggy Cliffs
- On the top floor of the clock tower in Misty Meadows
- At the bus stop near the basketball court in Retail Row
Week 6 Alien Artifact Locations
There are five Alien Artifacts to collect for Week 6.
- In the white shed next to the house at the foot of the hill at Lockie’s Lighthouse
- In a small farm building to the west of the main house at Corny Complex
- Near the purple trees to the south of Steamy Stacks
- On the first floor of the ruins on Isla Nublada south of Flush Factory
- In a building at the camp in the snowy mountains to the south of Retail Row
What Are Alien Artifacts Used for in Fortnite?
Once you collect Alien Artifacts, you can spend them in the Battle Pass menu to customize the Kymera skin. This alien skin is unlocked as soon as you purchase the Battle Pass, so you can start spending your Alien Artifacts whenever you want. You can change the top of the head, the bottom of the head, the eyes, the skin, and the armor of this outfit, so you can really make it your own. There are a ton of combinations, but everyone is obviously hunting for the top-tier styles that require 17 Alien Artifacts to unlock after you’ve unlocked everything else on top of that.
Another way to find Alien Artifacts is to search Cosmic Chests, a new type of chest added to the game in Season 7. These chests are suspended in giant pink crystals. To open them, you and your friends need to take turns hitting the crystal’s weak spots with your pickaxes. If you’re fast enough, you can still hit all the weak spots solo, too. Once you get a Cosmic Chest open, it’ll drop Alien Artifacts and enough gear for a full party of four players.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 will last until September, so there’s a lot of time to collect Alien Artifacts and unlock the styles you want for Kymera. While you’re hunting for Alien Artifacts, you can also level up the Battle Pass and collect Battle Stars, allowing you to unlock new cosmetic items and skins like Rick Sanchez. You can also get a headstart on the first Season 7 challenges like conversing with Sunny, Abstrakt, Dreamflower, Riot, or Bushranger or interacting with Bunker Jonesy’s conspiracy board.
Fortnite is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices.
- This article was updated on July 12th, 2021