How to Find the Team GO Rocket Boss Giovanni
There are two main steps you need to complete before you can even try to beat Giovannin in Pokémon GO. The first is to acquire a Super Rocket Radar. This item is the powered up version of the regular Rocket Radar, which lets you do battle against the Team GO Rocket Leaders. However, while you can get one of the lesser Radars by battling Team GO Rocket Grunts, the Super Rocket Radar is only available one way.
How to Beat Giovanni in December 2021
And now we come to the true question of how to beat Giovanni in Pokémon GO for December 2021. To do it you will need solid counters, which we list below. More than that though, you need to strategize using his own tactics against him. First off, make sure your Persian counter isn’t in your first slot. Swapping Pokémon will cause Giovanni to pause his own attacks for 2-3 seconds, letting you do damage and gain Charged Attack energy. And you’ll then want to use that energy to burn off Giovanni’s two shields. He’ll use them against your first two Charged Attacks so don’t worry about damage or type matchups with them. Just fire them off so that your later counters actually hit.
The one thing that really never truly changed, Giovanni starts the fights in December 2021 with Persian.
- Tyranitar with Smack Down and Crunch
- Lucario with Counter and Aura Sphere
- Terrakion with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Machamp with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Conkeldurr with Counter and Dynamic Punch
The next round does change, with either Rhyperior, Kingler, Nidoking joining the roster.
- Kingler – Bubble and Crabhammer
- Kyogre – Waterfall and Hydro Pump
- Zarude – Vine Whip and Power Whip
- Roserade – Razor Leaf and Solar Beam
- Rillaboom – Razor Leaf and Grass Knot
- Palkia with Dragon Tail and Aqua Tail
- Ludicolo with Razon Leaf and Leaf Storm
- Zekrom with Dragon Breath and Crunch
- Dialga with Dragon Breath and Iron Head
- Empoleon with Waterfall and Hydro Cannon
- Mewtwo with Psycho Cut and Psystrike
- Swampert with Water Gun and Hydro Cannon
- Kyogre with Waterfall and Surf
- Landorus (Incarnate) with Mud Shot and Earth Power
Finally you will come up against Shadow Lugia. This will be your reward if you are able to beat Giovanni. A new reward will be featured, so if you already have this Pokemon you may want to wait until then to use your Super Rocket Radar.
Shadow Lugia Counters
- Zekrom with Charge Beam and Wild Charge
- Thundurus (Therian) with Volt Switch and Thunderbolt
- Darkrai with Snarl and Shadow Ball
- Rhyperior with Smack Down and Rock Wrecker
- Raikou with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge
- Giratina (Origin) with Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball
And that’s how to find and beat Giovanni in Pokémon GO for December 2021.