Call of Duty: Vanguard is the third game in the CoD franchise to make use of the somewhat new blueprints feature. This will be mostly seen if you are playing the multiplayer part of Vanguard. If you are customizing your loadout before a match, you may have come across some weapons in your armory with rarity colors and highly customized parts. Here is a guide to tell you what they are and how you can acquire them.
What are blueprints in Call of Duty: Vanguard?
Blueprints in Call of Duty games are essentially modified versions of preexisting weapons in your arsenal. These will typically have attachments already on them, eliminating the need to grind out for certain parts.
You won’t be able to use these parts on the same weapon if you decide not to go with the blueprint variant. Keep that in mind before you do so. Chances are, these blueprint weapons are better in many ways compared to the stock counterpart.
Say, you want to increase the level of the MP-40. There is a “Shredder” blueprint variant of the gun with attachments you wouldn’t normally get until gaining significant progress with the weapon. With these attachments, you can use the Shredder MP–40 and level up the weapon.
Once you hit certain milestones to unlock the attachments on that weapon, you can then use those parts on other builds if you choose to do so. It’s more of a means of getting a jump start on a weapon’s progress if the stock variant isn’t doing justice.
How to use blueprints in CoD: Vanguard
To use blueprints in Vanguard, you’ll have to see if there are some available for the gun you want to use. As of right now, not every weapon has a blueprint since the game is brand new. You’ll notice if a gun has a blueprint if you select them in your loadout and an additional tab pops up that reads “Armory” or “Store”.
The following weapons are the only ones that currently have blueprints at the time of publishing this article. Here, they will be listed as well as showing how you can receive them.
STG44 Assault Rifle
- Breacher: Task Force One Pack (Vanguard Ultimate Edition)
- Warning Track: Black Ops: Cold War / Warzone Season 6 Battle Pass tier 64
- Bomber Menace:
- Rat-A-Tat: Hit level 20 in the Vanguard Beta (no longer obtainable)
- Bonerattler: Black Ops: Cold War / Warzone Season 6 Battle Pass tier 24
- Debt Collector:
- Shredder: Pre-order bonus
- Wildwood: Pre-order bonus
Type 100 SMG
- Thunderhead: Task Force One Pack (Vanguard Ultimate Edition)
3-Line Rifle Sniper
- Snowstorm: Task Force One Pack (Vanguard Ultimate Edition)
M1 Garand Marksman Rifle
- White Obsidian: Black Ops: Cold War / Warzone Season 6 Battle Pass tier 34
- Heirloom: Black Ops: Cold War / Warzone Season 6 Battle Pass tier 72
- Timeless Destroyer: Call of Duty Endowment Timeless Pack
- Blast From the Past: Call of Duty Endowment Timeless Pack
In terms of actually using blueprints for these guns, you can have instant access to them even if you haven’t met the level requirements. Unfortunately, if you haven’t taken part in Season Six of Warzone or Black Ops Cold War, you will be missing out on some head starts with your arsenal. Fortunately, the base weapons and attachments of those blueprints can be acquired in-game.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is out now for the PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series S/X, and PC via Battle.net. To check out additional content regarding the game, click here.