Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 fans have been waiting for mod tools on PC for a while, seeing as they were discussed even before the game launched. While we’re now less than two months away from the launch of that game’s successor, those mod tools have now finally entered open beta.
While initially tested out during a closed alpha, the tools have now entered open beta and are available to utilize by anyone who owns the PC version of the game. The mod tools will give you access to the following:
- Black Ops 3 Steam Workshop
- Unranked Server Browser
- Radiant Level Editor
- APE, Asset Property Editor
- Mod Tools Launcher
- Optional additional assets installation under Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 — Mod Tools’ DLC section. Includes more level building assets from a variety of official Black Ops 3 maps.
- Full example maps of the Mulitplayer map Combine and the Zombies map The Giant
- New Server Settings Menu in Multiplayer Custom Games and Zombies Private Game where you can set how your server will display in the Unranked Server Browser
- New Mods Menu where you can load and unload your subscribed mods
This all comes with update 15.1, which also includes bug fixes and a security update. You can check out the full post on Steam by clicking right here.