A fake Super Mario Run clone has been released on Android devices today called Super Plumber Run. It’s actually playable, although it’s not perfect.
As you may know already, Super Mario Run is currently only available for iOS devices. If you only use an Android device, you have to wait for the official video game until it’s released next year.
Due to this gap in the market, Onduck Games has released a clone called Super Plumber Run. You can read the game features below as listed on the Play Store.
- Run as long as you can!
- Avoid obstacles and STOMP your enemies!
- Collect the bouncing mushrooms to get bigger. Collect the mushrooms again and become GIANT!
- In Giant form, nothing can stand against you.
- Fly into the skies with your Happy Flying Cloud
- Bounce through the subsolo with your Stomping Boot. (avoid the living fires!)
I played the game for myself, and it’s quite fun even though it’s a complete ripoff. The game actually tries its best to mimic not only the gameplay and visuals, but the music of the Mario video games too.
Just like in the real Super Mario Run video game, you are endlessly running to the right and you tap the screen to make the character jump to collect coins.
There are power-ups that you can get that have special abilities. Not to mention you have to avoid all of the enemies that stand in your way.
The level design also copies Mario with the green pipes taking you to secret areas in each level. Super Plumber Run is actually enjoyable to play, although you can tell none of the ideas are original for obvious reasons.
Super Plumber Run is free to play on Android. It is a nice alternative until the real Super Mario Run comes out sometime next year.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018