The next update for IO Interactive’s Hitman is now live, with the game’s March update being available across all supported platforms. The update is simply called “the March update” and brings some gameplay improvements along with bug fixes. The major bug fixes deal with rare instances of crashing, though there are some minor things that have been ironed out, as well.
Along with the patch comes an outline for what will be coming to the game for the rest of this month and early into next month, which is the following:
- WEEK 1 (Mar 6th – 12th) – Escalation contract in Marrakesh
- WEEK 2 (Mar 13th – 19th) – Elusive Target #22 in Colorado & March Update
- WEEK 3 (Mar 20th – 26th) – 10 new featured contracts
- WEEK 4 (Mar 27th – Apr 2nd) – Escalation contract in Bangkok
The following are the complete patch notes for Hitman’s March Update:
Simplified Chinese Language Support
- We’ve added full menu and subtitle support for Simplified Chinese on PC.
- We’ve fixed some rare issues that could cause the game to crash or be unstable.
- We’ve fixed an issue that could prevent exit points from appearing after killing the target(s).
- We’ve fixed an issue that could cause guards and targets in Paris to suspend their routines, after specific player actions.
- We’ve fixed an issue that could cause the ‘subdue’ prompt to disappear when an NPC is picking up an item or when they are close to a wall.
- We’ve fixed an issue where the ‘Never Spotted’ bonus was not awarded in certain cases.
- We’ve fixed an issue that could cause 47 to be ‘spotted’ in the Sapienza Lab, even whilst ‘blending in’.
We’ve fixed a rare issue that could cause 47 to fall ‘out of world’ in Hokkaido.
Contracts Search Favorites
- The Contract Tile now displays an icon to show whether that contract has been added to ‘My Favorites.’
Sticky Pistol (Escalation)
- We’ve fixed an issue where the ‘Sticky Pistol’ countdown would expire, despite 47 having the pistol equipped on a ledge.
The Incarnation Non-Accident
- We’ve fixed an issue in the ‘Meiko Incarnation’ Escalation where dumping an NPC in a specific area would not result in an accident kill.
- We’ve fixed an issue that could cause a holstered large weapon to be lost when activating the diorama in Paris.
- We’ve fixed an issue that could cause NPCs to teleport away when they are burning.
- We’ve fixed an issue where the ‘HDR’ option could not be enabled in the game’s launcher on AMD cards.
Sun Spots (HDR)
- We’ve fixed an issue that could cause black pixels to appear around bright light sources when HDR is enabled.
- We’ve also fixed other minor issues involving AI dialogue, audio and VO consistency, escalation completion marks and we’ve slightly reworded some menu text to make it more consistent.
Hitman concluded its first season last year, but additional seasons of the game are in the works. The game is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
- This article was updated on:March 15th, 2017