So far, Killing Floor 2 has been a little sparse on the content front. Tripwire Interactive’s treatment of the Early Access release as a “polished beta” has been the reasoning behind this. What we do have so far looks and plays great, so the announcement of additional content today is a welcome one.
The first major content pack for Killing Floor 2 includes a new map, Volter Manor, new achievements, new collectibles, and a pair of old friends.
As well as this, Update 1008 has landed, introducing a suite of bug fixes and improvements, detailed below:
- New map: Volter Manor
- Added collectable items and related achievements to all 4 existing maps
- Numerous fixes to cosmetic issues and map exploits in Biotics Lab, Burning Paris and Outpost
- Added 2 new characters for owners of the original Killing Floor: Classic Briar and Classic Masterson
- Improved XP barks on player HUD
- Added “Killed by” messages on HUD
- Voice comms select on close instead of requiring a mouse click
- Update bugsplat to give us more information, which may add a delay when submitting.
- Added a clientside filter for full servers (in addition to server-side)
- Increased the EndOfGameDelay to 15 seconds
- Fixed unintended extra applications of Field Medic’s Armament and Vaccination buffs when using Medic Grenades
- Slowed down AI movement speed slightly in HOE
- Crash fix for servers that have improperly set up server actors
- Fixed issues when connecting to passworded servers via command line and Steam invites
- Fixed some FX not being affected by night vision goggles when motion blur is enabled
- Enabled UE stats for the SDK only
- Custom material support
Killing Floor 2 was released into Early Access on April 21st, 2015. Tripwire interactive expects a full release by the end of the year.