The highly anticipated Super Mario Odyssey comes out later this month and in anticipation of the new game, Mario is going to be visiting various locations in the United States in real life. Mario will be driving from location to location in a Super Mario Odyssey-themed trailer and fans will be able to meet him at his various stops around the country.
At each stop, fans will be able to meet and take a picture with the costumed Mario mascot, who will be wearing Cappy, Mario’s hat companion from the new game. Additionally, some fans will be able to play Super Mario Odyssey before its release. In addition to scheduled stops, Mario will take time in between set locations to visit other areas in the U.S. that remind him of various locations in the game. For example, he may stop to take a picture in a large city that reminds him of Metro Kingdom, or at a beach that reminds him of Seaside Kingdom. Pictures that Mario takes at these unscheduled stops will be viewable on Nintendo’s Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.
In the official announcement, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime states, “Mario’s interactive journey in the real world is a great way for fans to get excited for the game’s launch by getting hands-on time, as well as following Mario as he explores and discovers locations all across the country.” The full schedule for Mario’s cross-country adventure is listed below.
- Los Angeles, CA – Oct. 10, 3:30PM-6:00PM (Universal City Walk, 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608; Located at 5 Towers at Universal CityWalk.)
- Dallas, TX – Oct. 18, 10:00AM-9:00PM (State Fair of Texas, 3921 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Dallas, TX 75210; Located in Chevy Park Plaza (enter at gate 11), across from the Chevy Ride & Drive.)
- Chicago, IL – Oct. 21, 12:00PM-6:00PM (Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611; Located in Polk Bros Park, Navy Pier’s front gateway, between Illinois and Grand avenues.)
- Philadelphia, PA – Oct. 24, 12:00PM-6:00PM (Philadelphia Museum of Art, 2600 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy., Philadelphia, PA 19130; Located below the “Rocky Steps” of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.)
- New York, NY – Oct. 26, 8:00PM-10:00PM (Rockefeller Center, 10 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020)
The first 200 people in line at the New York stop will get the chance to be the first to buy the new game at midnight. Super Mario Odyssey comes out on October 27 for Nintendo Switch.