EA Sports has released update patch 1.04 for NHL 17 on the PS4 and Xbox One. It adds a lot of new content that is available for free for all owners of the game.
EA Sports posted all of the NHL 17 patch notes on the official website. 11 new celebrations have been added and improvements have been made to the A.I. of goalies and players. Partial patch notes can be seen below.
- Added 11 new goal celebrations to the creation zone.
- Fixed an issue where a user goalie would get stuck after getting hit while in butterfly.
- Fixed an issue where after an icing the puck it would sometimes cause human players to sit on the bench for the next play.
- Fixed some issues where a goalie would get stuck in a post lean away from the post.
- Added new post lean saves for more coverage.
- Improved goalie post lean logic so goaltenders to try and make saves that keep them sealed on the post to prevent short side goals.
- Fixed an issue where some signature stances caused the goalie’s glove hand to push back behind their pad when holding the puck idle on their stick.
- Fixed issues with shot animations when in close to the net.
- Updated User goalie save logic to help them move into a save when they are requesting to push/move first.
- Added functionality to allow goalies to rotate more when coming off the post from VH to butterfly to make them more square to the puck.
- Updates to User goalie save logic on wraparounds based on requested motion.
- Updates to User goalie save delay when in good position to make a blocking save.
- Fixed an issue where a goalie would sometimes drop to butterfly when in possession of the puck on a User requested pass attempt.
- Improved the reliability of one timers by adding quicker snapshots for situations where there isn’t enough time to take a full slapshot.
- Fixed an issue where precision skating would sometimes conflict with a loose puck deke attempt at a slow speed. Now if you have your stick out a deking position it prioritizes the deke request.
- Updated goalie logic so that goalies will hold their near post on pass attempts near the net to prevent easy short side goals.
- Updated goalie logic for softer shots on net so that they look to pick it up rather than make a save.
- Various crash fixes.
- General stability updates across all modes.
BE A PRO
- Fixed issue where a User would keep getting the doctor’s approval to play popup each time they returned to the bench.
- Fixed issue where no captains were being assigned in Be a Pro.
- Improved overall stability within the mode.
For the full patch notes, you can click here for more details. As always, we will update you when NHL 17 adds new content in the near future.