If you bought or plan to buy an Xbox One S, you’ll need the Kinect adapter as the device cannot connect to it directly. You’ll be happy to know a release date has now been confirmed.
Amazon has listed that the release date for the Xbox One S Kinect adapter is September 7th, 2016. It will cost you $39.99 or you can bundle it with a console and extra controller for $488.88. Official details for the adapter can be seen below.
- Experience the convenience and versatility of the Xbox One Kinect Sensor on your Xbox One S or Windows PC
- Play games where you are the controller on Xbox One S and instantly capture screenshots or game clips
- Connect to a Windows PC via USB 3.0 and craft experiences that are more natural, personal and engaging
- Advanced skeletal tracking and enhanced noise isolation
- Wider field of view with the 1080p HD camera
The Kinect is great to use to navigate the UI, although not many actual video games use it these days. The device was mandatory when the Xbox One was originally released, but Microsoft decided to drop it in favor of cutting down the price. If you have a Windows 10 PC, you can use the Kinect for other features.