It seems Rockstar is readying a first person mode for the PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions of Grand Theft Auto V if a (now removed) community post is to be believed. One GTA forum user happened to snag a screenshot of the post before its removal, giving us an extensive list of the supposed next-gen features and content. The most exciting of the bunch is the new first person mode, which will be an option for both driving and on-foot gameplay. Normally we’d brush aside these rumors, but given that it came via Rockstar directly in an accidental post we believe it holds more weight.
Turning GTA V into a first-person shooter has already been possible for months, but it has required the help of mods. Now Rockstar would officially integrate the feature into the new-gen release and let players commit virtual felonies from the viewpoint of their sociopathic avatars. Surely there won’t be any backlash from parents or the media, right?
You can take a look below for a brief rundown of what changes to expect in Rockstar’s updated release:
- A brand new first person mode for vehicles that shows the interior of the vehicle, including working speedometers, tachometers, dash lights, and more
- A brand new first person mode while on foot
- A wealth of new easter eggs and random events for Story Mode
- New animals roaming Los Santos
- Animals in GTA Online?
- Players that transfer characters from Xbox 360 or PS3 will receive free new weapons and a free garage in GTA Online.
- Newly overhauled character selection screen
- Increased draw distances
- Finer texture details
- Denser traffic
- Enhanced resolutions
- An extensive array of new Jobs
- An arsenal of new weapons
- Scores of new vehicles
- New properties and player customizations
- Cross-gen GTA Online character transfer
- Video editor (PC only)
Grand Theft Auto V will release on PS4 and Xbox One on November 18th with the PC release following next year, January 27th.