There are plenty of next-gen features available on the PlayStation 5. Between ray tracing, an internal SSD, and support for high refresh rates, it’s no wonder Sony has managed to keep up with the competition in terms of power and features. For a long time, however, Sony fell behind other competitors in one area: the lack of a “pro” or “elite” controller. While rumors of such a controller made rounds around the web, any sort of confirmation of this new controller was lacking. This has changed thanks to a new reveal at Gamescom 2022, where Sony showed off the new DualSense Edge—a feature-rich controller rivaling the potential of Microsoft’s own Xbox Elite Controller.
Dualsense Edge: Features, Pre-order Date, and Everything We Know
On October 18, the official PlayStation Youtube channel shared a video detailing all the Dualsense Edge controller features and here we will show you the most relevant features so far:
- Customizable Inputs, Settings, and Profiles: Button inputs can be remapped and deactivated, and both control sticks and triggers can be adjusted to account for dead zones. After tuning the settings to your liking, you can save them as a profile to use at your leisure! The controller also features a special Fn button and on-controller interface to change these profiles on the fly and adjust game volume and other options.
- Adjustable Trigger Lengths: Now, players will adjust how far they will have to press the trigger to activate it. This will allow them to customize their experience when playing tactical games where making several shots at a high rate is mandatory.
- USB Braided Cord with Lockable Connector: The USB braided cord will extend the cable’s life, and the lockable feature will give players the option to avoid accidental disconnects when moving the controller in their playthroughs.
- Swappable Buttons and Sticks: The back buttons, stick caps, and stick modules can all be swapped and replaced. The possibility of drifting is no longer an issue, and even general wear and tear will be something you don’t have to worry about. Make sure you save money for replacement parts if you need them!
What You Will Get With the New Dualsense Edge Controller
Besides the controller and the braided cord, players will get the following items if they decided to buy the Dualsense Edge Controller:
- 2 Standard Caps
- 2 High Dome Caps
- 2 Low Dome Caps
- 2 Half Dome Back Buttons
- 2 Lever Back Buttons
- Connector Housing
- Carrying Case
Sony has not shared an official release date yet, but players can start pre-ordering the Dualsense Edge controller from October 25, so if any players are looking to get this new controller as fast as they can, they will have to wait a few days until they can pre-order the controller. This is Sony’s first Pro controller, and many players are already excited about this new option. According to the official Playstation store page, the Dualsense Edge controller will also be compatible with the dual charging station, so players should not worry about buying a new charging station for this premium controller.
PlayStation users can pre-order the Dualsense Edge controller from October 25, 2022.
- This article was updated on October 18th, 2022