Season 5 is nearly here for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and here’s the exact time when you can start playing the new update. This season brings four new weapons, five new maps, and new Zombies content. The fan-favorite Demolition mode returns as well alongside a brand-new mode called Double Agent that’s pretty similar to Among Us. Here’s when Season 5 begins in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 Start Time
UPDATE: It appears that the in-game Season 4 Battle Pass timer in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone has been extended by 24 hours. It was originally set to end at 9 PM PT/12 AM ET on August 11, but it will now end 24 hours later on August 12, effectively pushing the Season 5 release date to August 13. The Season 5 update file will likely be released the day before on August 11 at 9 PM PT/12 AM ET. The rest of the original article follows below.
no official announcement from Treyarch or Raven yet, but players have noticed that in game Season 4 Battle Pass timer has been extended by 24 hours.
it was set to end Aug 11 at 9pm PT but now the timer ends Aug 12 at 9pm PT. not clear yet if there’s a delay on the new season.
— CharlieIntel (@charlieINTEL) August 11, 2021
Even though the update is being released a day early, you won’t be able to access any of the new content until Season 5 officially begins. A new update will also go live for Call of Duty: Warzone when Season 5 releases, so make sure to download that if you’re planning on playing Battle Royale.
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 Patch Notes
Official patch notes have not been released for Black Ops Cold War Season 5 yet, but Treyarch has already shared most of the major features for this update. Here’s what you can expect:
- New Mode: Double Agent
- Starts with 10 players who are assigned one of three roles:
- Double Agent: Must eliminate everyone else or plant explosive charges around the map
- The Investigator: Can use clues to target suspected Double Agents as Wanted criminals
- Operatives: Must work together to identity and eliminate Double Agents
- New Mode: Demolition
- Two teams battle it out as attackers attempt to destroy a pair of active bombsites, while defenders must prevent the detonations.
- Five New Multiplayer Maps
- Echelon (6v6, Launch)
- Slums (6v6, Launch)
- Showroom (2v2/3v3, Launch)
- Drive-In (6v6, In-Season)
- Zoo (6v6, In-Season)
- New Scorestreak
- Flamethrower (In-Season)
- New Zombies Content
- New Perk: Death Perception
- New Field Upgrade: Tesla Storm
- New Support Weapon: Flamethrower
- New Outbreak Content
- New Region: Collateral
- New Objective: Transport
- New Vehicle: Tank
- New Crafting Item: Grappling Hook
- New Onslaught Content
- New Map: Echelon
- New Intel
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
- This article was updated on August 10th, 2021