Are you running into an error in Valorant that tells you the game “cannot be launched with your current compatibility mode?” This error code is a huge pain and has been happening a lot for various players. The good news is that players can take a few steps to fix this issue and get back into the game as soon as possible. Don’t worry — we got you covered.
Possible Fix for ‘cannot be launched with your current compatibility mode’ error in Valorant
Below you will find the a couple methods with steps the community has figured out to solve this issue — although they aren’t one hundred percent guaranteed to work. First method consist of running the game through it’s “exe” file, while the second is removing administrative rights.
Fix #1 – Run Your VALORANT Game Through the Executable File
- To find the executable file, right-click the main VALORANT file that launches the game.
- Click “open file location.”
- This will take you to a file named VALORANT.exe.
- Double-click VALORANT.exe to run the game.
Fix #2 – Remove Administrative Rights from Both VALORANT and Riot Executable Files
If running the game through the Valorant’s exe file does not work — try removing administrative rights by following the steps below.
- Right-click on the VALORANT.exe file and select “properties.”
- In the VALORANT.exe properties page — scroll down to where it says “compatibility mode.”
- Remove the check box next to the selection that states, “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Follow the same steps for your Riot.exe file as well. This file is found by searching C:\RiotGames\RiotClient in your start menu.
- Restart your PC and reopen the game to see if the error has gone away.
Related: How to Fix VALORANT Error Code 19.
The “cannot be launched with your current compatibility mode” error usually happens when players try to run the game through a desktop shortcut — so more often than not these steps will help fix this issue.
If the fix mentioned above doesn’t do the trick, then your second option is to run the game in Compatability mode. You can do this by entering your Executable file for Valorant, checking the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode for,” and setting it to Windows 8.
You must restart your PC after trying everything mentioned above, and if the game continues to show the same error, then it is time to reach out to the official Valorant support team. You can do this by heading to the official Valorant support webpage, heading to the error page, and submitting a ticket — the team for the game should get back to you soon.
- This article was updated on April 20th, 2023