Are you wondering how to fix Fortnite crashing on GeForce Now PC and Mobile? Fortnite players report lots of crashing and freezing while using the GeForce Now PC and Mobile isn’t the only issue that appears to have been caused by the latest update. So what can you do to get your game stable enough to play?
How to Fix Fortnite Freezing on GeForce Now PC and Mobile
Fortnite freezing on GeForce Now PC and Mobile seems to be caused by the latest update released on April 11. The Epic Games team tweeted that they know the increased crashes and freezes for players using GeForce Now PC and are investigating a fix.
The first thing you can do to fix Fortnite crash issues is wait for Epic Games to find the root cause and apply a fix to the game. This has further been confirmed by other issues created after the update like the Fortnite Lantern Fest quests missing from the game or a glitch causing gold bars to go missing.
Related: Why Are Fortnite Lantern Fest Quests Missing From the Game?
However, you can also do a few things to ensure you are playing Fortnite on GeForce Now PC and Mobile with the proper setup while you wait for an official communication regarding the issue.
Make sure you are playing on a GeForce now supported browser:
- Chrome: This browser can used if you are playing on a Chromebook, PC, or Mac
- iOS Safari: This browser can be used if you are playing on an iPhone or iPad
- Edge: This browser is currently in beta, so it is recommended you use Chrome instead, if possible
Ensure your internet is running properly as GeForce Now requires specific speeds to function properly:
- 720p at 60 FPS: 15Mbps+
- 1080p at 60 FPS: 25Mbps+
- NVIDIA Data Center Latency: 40ms
Related: How to Fix Fortnite Gold Bars Missing Glitch
Make sure you are using a GeForce now support controller if you use one:
- Sony DualShock 4 (PlayStation 4)
- Sony DualShock 5 (PlayStation 5)
- Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controllers
- Logitech Gamepad F310/F510/F710
- SteelSeries Nimbus/Nimbus+
Ensure your television is supported by GeFroce Now:
- 2022 Samsung Tvs
- Select LG TVs
- NVIDIA Shield TV
That’s it! Once you have verified everything on your specific setup is correct than you know the issue lies with the game itself and can wait for the fix to be found.
- This article was updated on April 11th, 2023