Epic Games is switching up the way we play Fortnite. In the new chapter we’ll be seeing a brand new mechanic in the form of Reality Augments in Fortnite. These Reality Augments are temporary buffs that will last until the end of the match.
In the absence of these Reality Augments, the playing field in Fortnite is quite even. These augments, however, will have the capacity to turn the tides of any game.
Where to Find Reality Augments in Fortnite?
Interestingly enough, you won’t have to go looking for these Reality Augments in the game. These will be made available to you automatically at specific time intervals. During these intervals, you will randomly receive two Reality Augments. If you don’t like the one you receive, you will have the chance to reroll these for a better choice. As listed in the Epic Games blog, the longer you last in any given match, the more Reality Augments you will receive.
How to Use These Augments?
You don’t have to do anything extra to get these Reality Augments to work. Since these are buffs, they will be applied to you whenever you pick them up. Not only that, the more Augments you stack, the more buffs you receive. There are a total of 22 Reality Augments in Fortnite. Out of the 22, only five have been revealed till now. They are as follows:
- Light Fingers: You reload weapons that use light ammo faster than normal.
- Mechanical Archer: Gives you a Mechanical Explosive Bow and Mechanical Shockwave Bow.
- Aerialist: You can redeploy your glider easily for the rest of the match.
- Supercharged: Your vehicles have increased health and don’t consume fuel.
- Soaring Sprints: While sprinting, you’ll be able to jump much higher—and jump with lower gravity.
- More Parkour: You gain a small amount of energy right after mantling or hurdling.
- First Assault: The first bullet in the magazine of your Assault Rifle deals bonus damage.
- Rifle Recycle: Weapons that use medium ammo have a small chance of not consuming ammo.
- Bloodhound: Enemies hit by your marksman rifle or bow shots are marked for a brief duration.
- Jelly Angler: You receive a fishing rod with which you can fish anywhere but you only catch jellyfish.
- Bow Specialist: your bows regenerate arrows after a short period of time. They reload and draw faster too.
- Bush Warrior: You regenerate health and partial shields while inside large foliage.
- Chug Gunner: You get a Chug Cannon.
- Splash Medic: Every loot container you open has the chance of dropping one Chug Splash.
- Demolition Munitions: Objects you destroy, excluding player built ones, have a small chance of dropping explosives.
- Rushing Reload: Sprinting reloads your equipped Shotgun over time.
- Tactical Armory: You get a Rare Tactical AR and Combat Shotgun.
- Party Time: You gain Balloons over time.
- Pistol Amp: Pistols have an increased magazine size.
- Storm Mark: When the storm changes, ping the area to highlight nearby enemies for a short period of time.
- Forecast: You can always see the next storm circle.
- Tricked Out: Whenever you enter a Car or a Truck you automatically apply Chonkers Tires and Cow Catcher to it.
We’ll add to this list as and when we come across more Reality Augments in the game. Till then, here’s how you can get your hands on the Doom Slayer skin and the Geralt skin in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1 is available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, PS4, PS5, and Nintendo Switch.
- This article was updated on December 4th, 2022